Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #62 - Matthew Signorello

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone in Adelaide had a crack at this "Adventure Rooms" thing?
Seems only Matty Signorello, Hugh Greenwood, Elliott Himmelberg and Dean Gore succeeded on 'escaping' of the 1 - 3 year players.

http://www.adventurerooms.com.au/locations/adelaide.aspx

I haven't been myself, but from what I've heard its definitely hard enough for your average person, but the more puzzle/gaming minded can find it pretty straight forward.

I know a few people (more of the puzzle minded types) who have gone as part of work-organised events and they reckon they've basically had to carry the rest of their group because they've got no idea. Its mostly a bunch of abstract/thinking outside the box problems you have to work though as far as I know. They also have different rooms of varying difficulties so you don't know exactly what the lads have done.

I would have split up Greenwood and Himmelberg though I reckon, they both seem pretty sharp lol

Seems only Matty Signorello, Hugh Greenwood, Elliott Himmelberg and Dean Gore succeeded on 'escaping' of the 1 - 3 year players.

I did. Part of our Christmas Party last year was doing the team building thing before hitting the piss.

Ended up locked up in a room themed "murder at the winery" and my group got out a minute before the time ran out. No other group made it out. I enjoyed it and thought it was worth doing. It does test your ability to put all the clues together to solve the puzzle and just when you think you are getting out of there, the door leads you to another room with more clues and more puzzles to solve.

Definitely worth doing and does require you to put the thinking hat on.

There are two main places to do these in Adelaide. I've done most of them and have yet to fail one though some have been close to the time limit. I wouldn't say they are easy though, maybe about 50% make it?

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-06-15/dons-draftee-update

Coach Don Pyke provides an update on the Club’s 2016 draft crop:

Pick No.62 – Matthew Signorello, midfielder
SANFL games: 9

“Matty came off post-season shoulder surgery and is adapting to playing senior footy. He’s learning what it’s like to play against men.

“For a lot of these young guys, it’s the first time they’ve actually played in open company and that in itself has its challenges in terms of the bigger bodies and slightly faster pace.

“We’ve also challenged Matty to play slightly differently to where he’s used to playing. He’s playing more outside the contest than inside, which is going to be good for his learning in the long-term.

“Again, he's showed some signs and we expect he’ll push on in the second half of the year.”

Where does a young kid stand when he is expected to come from such a long way back?
He was only ever going to be successful as a long term prospect IMO.

Considering the season our reserves just had it would have been a miracle for him to gain anything from the drubbings handed out to them. Also having to play alongside so many top ups is really not an ideal situation for anyone hoping to break into the 22. So I wouldn’t judge him too harshly I think.

Where does a young kid stand when he is expected to come from such a long way back?
He was only ever going to be successful as a long term prospect IMO.

Considering the season our reserves just had it would have been a miracle for him to gain anything from the drubbings handed out to them. Also having to play alongside so many top ups is really not an ideal situation for anyone hoping to break into the 22. So I wouldn’t judge him too harshly I think.

The young kid who is coming from way for back needs to show decently quickly that he either has the tools to develop into a good AFL player, or has the scope to develop them. Equally, even a long term prospect can be cut early if the side who is developing him stops believing that said tools can develop to a level that can make the transition. I would say that's what this delisting is saying, in that two years of development we just don't see Sig to have a ceiling that is indicative of an AFL player.

SANFL performance as a whole doesn't mean a lot for a kid wanting to step up to the next level, more it's kind of that last stepping stone for a kid that a club believes could make the step up. Equally, it's probably an underrated development tool more so then anything else at this point purely due to it giving us a lot of control on how people develop and what game time they get.

It would be interesting to see him at another SANFL club. If he was to improve it should tell us something.

It most likely doesn't tell us anything. If he ends up being the same player tool wise but excels in a "better" SANFL/VFL environment then it quite likely justifies the cut more so then gives reason that we've erred. If he finds another tool alongside excelling that could signify that he could transition to an AFL player, then we've erred.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised we’re not putting him on the rookie list.

Hope he does well
The biggest problem was all Matty's good football at TAC Cup level and for Ivanhoe Grammar he played as an inside mid mainly and Pyke is on record as saying they tried to make him a more outside player. It was only late this season he really got a good crack in the midfield and had some good games. But we move on.

The biggest problem was all Matty's good football at TAC Cup level and for Ivanhoe Grammar he played as an inside mid mainly and Pyke is on record as saying they tried to make him a more outside player. It was only late this season he really got a good crack in the midfield and had some good games. But we move on.

Another victim of us keeping Thommo on to clog the list (and SANFL midfield) in 2017.

Yeah Myles "There by the grace of god, go I". Pull your finger out young man or that could be where you're headed.

I just wish Sig had Poholke's size. Would be a decent AFL footballer. Instead we get one skinny kid that tried hard but just got delisted and another guy who's built like a brick shithouse but has the awareness of an amateur level footballer.

4 picks in the top 25 most likely his undoing. Was never going to be elite at anything but as an outside mid with strong capabilities at the contest he was worth a shot.

If we pick up 2 or more inside mids, Poholke will want to show a bit (read, a lot) more. Ditto Davis now that McAdam is on the roster.

Reality with these later picks is that they are more or less likely to be surpassed by better talents if they don't show enough within 3 seasons.

All the best to Sig potentially going big in the VFL.

Agreed ....but he just couldn't put on the required size, to play this role at AFL level

Agreed ....but he just couldn't put on the required size, to play this role at AFL level

Yet Dmac?

Kid has big balls and doesn't second guess himself or take half steps. I don't care how slight he is, I'd keep him on the list and play him for no other reason than the hope that his attitude rubs off on some of the others.
Should have been given a game by now. Pitty.

Yet Dmac?

Kid has big balls and doesn't second guess himself or take half steps. I don't care how slight he is, I'd keep him on the list and play him for no other reason than the hope that his attitude rubs off on some of the others.
Should have been given a game by now. Pitty.
Dmac played the outside role

Remove this Banner Ad

Back