List Mgmt. Welcome National Draft Pick 8: Nick Coffield

Remove this Banner Ad

If you look through the 2017 trade and draft thread, you’ll see my posts all throughout his draft year saying he’d be the best player from that draft, stood by that comment when he had his critics in his first couple of seasons and I still stand by that now that it’s looking like it may well eventuate.

I reckon Hunter will be the bigger star long term but you'd be nit picking to rate them against each other. I think Coff is going to be elite but Hunter's party tricks will probably make him the centre of attention. Midfielders get all the love in AFL.

I reckon Hunter will be the bigger star long term but you'd be nit picking to rate them against each other. I think Coff is going to be elite but Hunter's party tricks will probably make him the centre of attention. Midfielders get all the love in AFL.
Coffield has got something that no party trick will get near.

Crunch time. He stands up.

Would love to see him on GF day with the game on the line in the last. This bloke has abit of Hodge in him.

Coffield has got something that no party trick will get near.

Crunch time. He stands up.

Would love to see him on GF day with the game on the line in the last. This bloke has abit of Hodge in him.

If it's GF day with the game in the balance inside the last 60 seconds, I'm tipping him to have the "Leo Barry" moment taking a massive intercept across the front of a pack, then burning his full measure before banging it long and sealing the match.

Coff is the man for me AA

He was expected to go around there. He was the guy I picked with our pick. He was doing his in tight traffic work in the all star game and kicking dual sided. Coffield probably went perhaps a touch higher than expected for where some had him but both fell around their expected pick.

I was a bit disappointed that Dow ,Cerra and Stephenson had all gone. Clark was for sure my choice for the best available.
I was a bit disappointed that we got a HBF ( we had Savage and Webster ) in Coffield, even though i recognised he was probably close to best available. Now i'm totally on the band wagon. He kills in that role. A lot of HBF's are failed midfielders but Coff is a natural for it.

Last edited:
I know i have said previously that there is no way you shift Coff from the backline and play him as a mid but the more i watch him and see him getting more confidence in himself I'm seeing shades of Dangerfield in him , Big , fast , evasive , good mark and a better kick than Danger .
I can really see him bursting out the guts in another year or so , How's a Midfield of Coff, Hunter , Gresh, Caldwell , Steele , Jones, Bytel , Byrnes sound in 2 years time ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back