Toast Welcome new Lions.

Remove this Banner Ad

with some pace
also has some pace

I wouldn't put it that way, what I would say is Basti is evasive and can run for days. He has pace when you compare him to someone like Cunnington, not so much if you compared him to Atley.

Upsides
Has a tank for days.
Is clean on the inside without being a beast.
Knows how to hit the scoreboard and is clean on both feet. He is as dual sided as just about anyone.
Has played some superb shut down games

Downsides

His kicks normally aren't bullets, sometimes not even to advantage.
When it is his turn he won't always go.
Has some defensive issues, can on occasion tackle one armed.
Has gone missing in big losses.

Reality
The role he is best suited to is Inside/outside, we wanted him for outside/wing and it never worked well enough. I don't begrudge a bloke looking to play a role more suited to his natural style. He is 24 and you would probably be looking for 8 years out of him. Doesn't appear to be a merc so I would suggest that having a defined role and being valued at the club would probably see him being a 2 club player.

a player that will start round 1 and points to cover your academy picks for 17 and our pick upgrades is what I would term about fair.

Hope he has a long career at the Lions and plays like s**t every time we play you.

I'm pretty happy picking up Bastinac. If he can fit in with our midfield and maybe improve his kicking 5-10% he'll be a huge addition to our midfield. Also hopefully he can improve his ability up forward when resting.

I think you guys will be able to utilise him better than we did, he is an inside player with nice sidesteps and skills, certainly not a winger or outside runner like we tried to make him....

its nice to see some players actually wanting to play for the Lions.... would have been very frustrating with developing the kids with them asking to leave after 2-3 years....
You will have a pretty solid mids group next year...

Absolutely a good deal.... Bastinac is good in the inside and also has some pace which I am really excited by.

Not going to get too excited until official but Bastinac + points is a good trade for Redden considering how disappointed the majority of us were at the time...
Sorry to butt in and I do wish Basti all the best with you guys but he has no leg speed. Fantastic endurance but is very one paced.

Sorry to butt in and I do wish Basti all the best with you guys but he has no leg speed. Fantastic endurance but is very one paced.
Bugger... that's why I thought he was pushed to the outside. OK, thanks for popping my bubble

Well done Lions I can see why you guys went down this path players no doubt have come to the club with the clear reason to want to play there,I understand it can be quite difficult with the kids coming through in footy for various clubs who then want to go back home in a couple of years time or so;).

Well done Lions I can see why you guys went down this path players no doubt have come to the club with the clear reason to want to play there,I understand it can be quite difficult with the kids coming through in footy for various clubs who then want to go back home in a couple of years time or so;).

What are you on about?

What are you on about?

I meant you guys have clearly brought in players who seem to want to join the club well that's what it seems like& also as we've seen many youngsters who have gone to clubs that have wanted to go home in a couple years or so time trying to give you a compliment really:thumbsu:;).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back