Welcome New Posters - Drop in and say hi

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi everyone,

Long time Carlton supporter and member.

Happy to make your acquaintance
As we are to make yours. Welcome aboard, you have picked a good time to get started.

Hey lads, new but not new here. I created this account years ago but never really posted. I've lurked over the past years and let my mate use this account on and off. I've decided to actually try and use it as I've been paying for premium membership for quite some time, damn that auto renew lol.

Anyways love Carlton even though they make me sad and angry the last decade. I'll try and post here and there, maybe have some actual intelligent conversations and contribute some quality content. Social media has ruined my social interactions with people online, so much that I've pretty much avoided any and all platforms which in turn as kept me pretty sheltered. There obviously hasn't been much to talk about The Blues these days either but I remain optimistic good times are ahead.

We are Carlton!
Welcome not so newbie.

Abandon all hope, we are truly at the crossroads in here.

Posted a few times (and lurk even more) but yet to introduce myself in here.

Hello all! Lifelong 'Bagger here who was indoctrinated from birth by my Dad, himself a very passionate Blues man. Grew up in Adelaide surrounded by Crows and Port fans, attending hostile games at the old Football Park, which only served to strengthen my loyalty (and make things all the more sweeter when we do beat these sides). Let me tell you, it's far more enjoyable going to games here in Melbourne, particularly with the atmosphere now we're up and about.

Keenly follow both our AFLW and AFL teams, attending as many games as I can for both - and am very excited for where both sides are heading. Up the Baggers!

Hello all! Lifelong 'Bagger here who was indoctrinated from birth by my Dad, himself a very passionate Blues man. Grew up in Adelaide surrounded by Crows and Port fans, attending hostile games at the old Football Park, which only served to strengthen my loyalty (and make things all the more sweeter when we do beat these sides). Let me tell you, it's far more enjoyable going to games here in Melbourne, particularly with the atmosphere now we're up and about.

Keenly follow both our AFLW and AFL teams, attending as many games as I can for both - and am very excited for where both sides are heading. Up the Baggers!
Welcome ... and good luck

Welcome Galaxy

Glad to have another bagger aboard, and look forward to seeing you about on the AFLW threads too. Other folk will tell you about the location of the cake and who to watch out for.

You probably know it can get a bit mad hanging out with passionate baggers, but its definitely more interesting than your general media coverage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi I am not so much a newbie here but an old friend. The artist formerly known as Alphonse_.

Took some time off the net to look after myself from a mental health point of view, and I forgot my password when I decided to rejoin the natives here, and I thought maybe I should go for a fresh start.

Enjoying the new rich vein of form under Teague (this winning stuff, I think I could get used to it) but also feel a bit guilty and terrible for Bolton, whom put so much of his heart and soul into our club, I would like to think he is always welcome back at Ikon Park.

Finally, I have jumped on the Ed Curnow for All Australian bandwagon, at the very least he should be in the mix for the initial squad of 40.

Hi I am not so much a newbie here but an old friend. The artist formerly known as Alphonse_.

Took some time off the net to look after myself from a mental health point of view, and I forgot my password when I decided to rejoin the natives here, and I thought maybe I should go for a fresh start.

Enjoying the new rich vein of form under Teague (this winning stuff, I think I could get used to it) but also feel a bit guilty and terrible for Bolton, whom put so much of his heart and soul into our club, I would like to think he is always welcome back at Ikon Park.

Finally, I have jumped on the Ed Curnow for All Australian bandwagon, at the very least he should be in the mix for the initial squad of 40.
You got out and then came back???

Will fit right in

Welcome Galaxy

Glad to have another bagger aboard, and look forward to seeing you about on the AFLW threads too. Other folk will tell you about the location of the cake and who to watch out for.

You probably know it can get a bit mad hanging out with passionate baggers, but its definitely more interesting than your general media coverage.

Thank you! :)

Nothing wrong with a bit of madness in the world (and of course it reminded me of the quote in my sig!)

That's a good point Elmer. I've noticed my mental health declining this year (true), never occurred to me to pin the blame on this place.

just have a look at the thread titles on our board - gotta be something of interest there for you - stuff about our list, midfield, drafting, this years poty etc - if you can't find anything that jumps out immediately can I suggest you just give s**t to posters like Jabba73 , BLUEALLTHRU or Metalcrusher - great way to get to know everybody

OI!

And stay away from the depth thread...….

A thread for new Carlton posters.

The place can be intimidating sometimes and those who have been around a long time tend to forget that it is hard to find your voice in this place when you are new to the scene.

Many have long standing friendships and net relationships, some funny, some confrontational, some downright confusing.

Consider this thread a decent starting point if you just want to check in, say hi, be welcomed etc. Give people a sense of where you are from and your history as a supporter.

Give others a chance to see what you are about, before you get thrown to the wolves.

May your first words in here be well received.

Old stagers, be wary of taking on newbs in this thread. Curl up the outer edges of your mouth ... look in the mirror .... the thing you are seeing is called a smile. Try to maintain that while posting in this thread. ;)
Well yes. Hello from West Auckland in New Zealand. Im a devotee of Carlton who visits Aussie every year, or very nearly, to watch Carlton. Im an international member since it was introduced. Ive followed Carlton since about 1978. Naturally a Warren Jones enthusiast since he was born here. Question...
A thread for new Carlton posters.

The place can be intimidating sometimes and those who have been around a long time tend to forget that it is hard to find your voice in this place when you are new to the scene.

Many have long standing friendships and net relationships, some funny, some confrontational, some downright confusing.

Consider this thread a decent starting point if you just want to check in, say hi, be welcomed etc. Give people a sense of where you are from and your history as a supporter.

Give others a chance to see what you are about, before you get thrown to the wolves.

May your first words in here be well received.

Old stagers, be wary of taking on newbs in this thread. Curl up the outer edges of your mouth ... look in the mirror .... the thing you are seeing is called a smile. Try to maintain that while posting in this thread. ;)
Ok. Im in New Zealand and have followed the Baggers since 78. Love to here if anyone with NZ links is also into the Blues.

Well yes. Hello from West Auckland in New Zealand. Im a devotee of Carlton who visits Aussie every year, or very nearly, to watch Carlton. Im an international member since it was introduced. Ive followed Carlton since about 1978. Naturally a Warren Jones enthusiast since he was born here. Question...
Ok. Im in New Zealand and have followed the Baggers since 78. Love to here if anyone with NZ links is also into the Blues.
Welcome bro

Oi cuzzy … are you in scaffolding by any chance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back