List Mgmt. Welcome Noah Long (Pick 58, 2022 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

It means he makes the most of his touches and is ranked by champion data according to his impact on the game. Just like Naitanui, or Cyril.

Fantasy is stat padding, ranking points are actual quality of touches (ground ball win/ contested/ score involvements/ goal assists).

7D, 5 contested, at 100%DE with 4 tackles, 4 score involvements, 2 goal assists, 3 inside 50's, 1 free for.

Esssentially didn't waste a touch or impact the team negatively in any way
I remember my first attempt at fantasy. I picked what I thought would be a good football side made up from players across the league.

It did not go well.

None of us expected us to take him at pick 58, if we didn't take him then a Vic team would've taken him in the rookie draft. I was expecting a team like Richmond, Geelong or Carlton to take him but there was something in him that our recruiters saw in his game for Vic Country something we needed. Looks like he loves the club for giving him a chance despite injuring his collarbone which tanked his draft stock. Victorian clubs will be regretting that they missed a likely gem in the future and will be wondering "How on Earth did we miss this kid" but I'm sure if he played for those Vic clubs, even with his work ethic he likely won't get a round 1 debut and instead play in the VFL mainly due to how late he got drafted.

The kid is deceptively strong at 18 and despite his small size, his tackles stick like glue even against bigger bodied more experienced players. His stats not be impressive but his touches are high quality as he always looks for the best options and often his disposals is to his teammates advantage. He's very clean with pick ups and puts himself in positions which benefits the team such as blocking exit outlets.

I can see him becoming a Cyril Rioli type low touch high impact player or even a Lachie Neale type if we get very lucky.
Sliding doors moment really I reckon we were almost nailed on to take Kaleb Smith who went a few picks earlier to Richmond. Kaleb if he works out is a WIP even if he hits his potential. Instead we have a fantastic kid who is contributing now and who could end up being one of the best in his draft class

It means he makes the most of his touches and is ranked by champion data according to his impact on the game. Just like Naitanui, or Cyril.

Fantasy is stat padding, ranking points are actual quality of touches (ground ball win/ contested/ score involvements/ goal assists).

7D, 5 contested, at 100%DE with 4 tackles, 4 score involvements, 2 goal assists, 3 inside 50's, 1 free for.

Esssentially didn't waste a touch or impact the team negatively in any way 😍
Yup

I remember my first attempt at fantasy. I picked what I thought would be a good football side made up from players across the league.

It did not go well.

My first SC team back in like 2008 had Darren Glass in it.

Oh boy wowee. Didn't realize you weren't supposed to pick actual defenders in favour of chip Scabs that rack up touches.

KPD do OK as long as they take intercept marks instead of spoiling

They didn't do intercept marks back in those days m8.

Brian Lake/Harrison kinda kicked it off in the early 2010's, and then big boy McGovern made it sexy.

Nowadays every team has intercepting KPD's.

Glassy would jump up alone at an uncontested footy and spike it to the boundary then go lope unceremoniously back to stand shoulder to shoulder next to his man 👊

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long should be in the guts before we chuck Gaff in. Unfortunatly with the loss of Cripps and Ryan, Long will probably have to remian as a forward.

Kid is something special. Old buck Monocle called it a long time ago.

Rarely makes an error. Just a very very solid player. I'm confident whenever he's near the ball at the moment.

18D, 10 contested at 78% with 3 clearances, 6 score involvements and a tackle in his first Westernm Derby. Should've had a goal as well.

Doesn't seem flash in the pan, seems very settled and here to stay.

He's nailing a half-forward role, which is a position we've had a lot of trouble filling for a while. But has all the tools to transition to the midfield full time in a couple of years too. Having two of him would be good for team balance.
You want two of him you say….. I reckon the kid would Noah Long or Two
Despicable Me Lol GIF

Hoping he can become a Lachie Neale/Caleb Serong/Taylor Adams type.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back