Player Watch #13 Oliver Florent

Remove this Banner Ad

b3ebc66265ef6bd495af79a6160b9352

Oliver Florent
Young speedster Oliver Florent has become a crucial element of coach John Longmire’s team since the Sydney Swans secured him with their first selection at the 2016 AFL Draft. The Victorian has shown glimpses of exhilarating footy on a wing, most memorably when he jagged a runaway goal in Round 4, 2018 to seal a gripping victory for the Swans over the Bulldogs. But Florent, who’s also spent time on the inside of the contest, is determined to continue to grow his game as a hybrid midfielder in 2020.

Oliver Florent
DOB: 22 July 1998
DEBUT: 2017
DRAFT: #11, 2016 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Beaumaris (Vic)/Mentone Grammar (Vic)/Sandringham U18

I don't think he'll play round 1. Disappeared badly after the 1st quarter, but played a few different roles. He still looks a bit on the skinny side and doesn't really get stuck in, but understandable given his age and frame. Has decent hands and pace though, and a nice set shot.

Dunno depends who is available and the next two games

Showed promise

I don't think he'll play round 1. Disappeared badly after the 1st quarter, but played a few different roles. He still looks a bit on the skinny side and doesn't really get stuck in, but understandable given his age and frame. Has decent hands and pace though, and a nice set shot.
I don't think I need your blog. He's ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A knew a few old boilers that were excitable
Just wouldn't want to see him on the end of the Jack Watts welcome to AFL party.

I'd like to see him build a bit of confidence through the NEAFL first and go with someone like Foote or Newman if Papley doesn't get up, since Tip, Franklin and Reid will be starting together.

Just wouldn't want to see him on the end of the Jack Watts welcome to AFL party.

I'd like to see him build a bit of confidence through the NEAFL first and go with someone like Foote or Newman if Papley doesn't get up, since Tip, Franklin and Reid will be starting together.
Yes I think that's right. Maybe Fox and the Irishman also are more physically ready than the kid at this stage. Still think he has real good future ahead of him.

he did enough to suggest he'll be a good player.

Please don't compare anyone to Jetta

I seem to remember Jetta playing an important part in our most recent premiership season...

That's what im saying, Jetta had an incredible year. This kid is nothing like him.WDYATTWA RW

My apologies, I thought you were having another pot shot at Jetta. You're right they are completely different players.

My apologies, I thought you were having another pot shot at Jetta. You're right they are completely different players.
Im done on that, he filled his role that year. I just can't get why people have to compare a player after 1 sighting. I've seen him for Dragons and he's good.

Im done on that, he filled his role that year. I just can't get why people have to compare a player after 1 sighting. I've seen him for Dragons and he's good.

True though i thought at moments yesterday that Foote looked a bit like a Judd/Williams/Ablett hybrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back