Remove this Banner Ad

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dragons forward Ollie Lord has always loved a challenge.
Lord played spent the majority of his junior football career at the Caulfield Bears where he played up multiple age groups to test himself, before moving to East Brighton in U15’s to seek a better standard.

The 195cm prospect is as pure as they come in terms of genuine full forwards, boasting outstanding athleticism and a vice-like grip.

“My biggest strength would be my marking, especially on the lead,” he said.

But Lord is not a one trick pony – displaying a far greater skillset than merely being an aerial threat.

“I pride myself on making good decisions when the ball is on the ground and my follow up work,” he said.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1607515979989.png

Alistair Lord is a former Australian rules footballer who played for Geelong during the late 1950s to the mid-1960s. Lord played as a centreman and debuted in 1959. He won the Brownlow Medal in 1962 comfortably as well as the Carji Greeves Medal, averaging 30 disposals a game for the year.

Intriguing pick. Just haven’t seen enough of him to know where he sits. Strong mark and seems to make good decisions but haven’t seen enough of his goal kicking. He is in that group of forwards that you could throw a blanket over (Kolar, Rosman, etc).

I wonder where the club sees him; Dixon replacement at CHF or perhaps a backman with his good hands?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back