Toast Welcome Paddy Dow

Remove this Banner Ad

Will dominate
Him Owens Pou Windy Nas

Oh My God Omg GIF by CBS

Paddy Dow Projection

Interesting that he has similar stats to many saints of this current Era.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231021-083043.png
    Screenshot_20231021-083043.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 149

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sad thing is I spent the whole time he was at the Saints saying Dunny was no good, then he came good in his last year and Ratts pissed him off. His only good form was in his last 6 months. I just thought it was comical player management from the club when we were already an incredibly thin midfield. I still reckon if we'd had cover for Steele and Gresham getting injured in 2022 he probably would have kept his job.

Doesn't have to be Dunstan but you need depth and at least with Dow we have another. Hopefully some kids can step up and we grab one more mature mid for Sandy. Next year we don't even have Bytel or Leo. We may be the worst midfield ever in the VFL if a couple like Jones and Ross can't stay fit.

I think Paddy is a good edition. He is quicker than our current mids and what is impressive is his first three steps to get separation, he really is powerful through his legs. Whilst he does bomb it long he does get a lot more penetration when he does due to that seperation. Steele, Crouch and Ross are generally trying to hack the ball forward under contact and get limited distance. With a guy like Max at full forward he just needs to kick it to advantage and let big max do his thing.

Whilst he needs to improve his kicking, I see him rushing his kick when he had time for a few steps to balance up. With time he is an adequate kick.

My big call is Paddy has a top 10 BnF finish if he deosnt have a medium to long term injury.

Last edited:
What are his flaws? Looking at the highlights he seems to be exactly what we need with the burst away from stoppage. Is it mainly the kicking? There must be a reason they didn't rate him at Carlton.

What are his flaws? Looking at the highlights he seems to be exactly what we need with the burst away from stoppage. Is it mainly the kicking? There must be a reason they didn't rate him at Carlton.
At Carlton he was behind some very good mids. When he got his chance he did pretty well.
Will be a really good addition for us. Can see him playing round one all going well in the pre season.

He is exactly what we need, just not top shelf because of his DE. He's basically a better Dunstan with pace and a 60 meter boot on him. Wins clearances.

I think he's prone to brain fades and shanks. But at the same time he seems to have a pretty nice candy sell. Kind of reminds me of the goat now that I say it....

Some comments about poor defensive running in his player thread on the blues forum.

He was slow to come on, poor kick which seems to have been minimised the he got back into the seniors this year by getting it to the outside.

He was probably unlucky at the Blues. The fans were getting antsy because the footy media kept saying that the Blues were going to have Cripps break down at 25 because he was getting smashed doing it all him self. They went and drafted Dow and Walsh, Walsh came on quick. Dow not so quick.

They then went out and recruited Kennedy, Cerra and Hewwett who all took spots and their wings look set with Acres and Hollands. They also have some depth so Dow had to wait and try to get a toe in when injuries came up. He was usually a sub so got limited minutes. Carlton also have Williams and often move Docherty into a more Sinclair mid/ attacking defence role.

I think he's prone to brain fades and shanks. But at the same time he seems to have a pretty nice candy sell. Kind of reminds me of the goat now that I say it....

Some comments about poor defensive running in his player thread on the blues forum.

I don't think he has brain fades. He's just quite a technically poor pick. If you imagine Zac Jones that is better at winning the ball you get close. Probably a bit less prone to going in head first and stays upright though. Has that pace off a step though and often kicks at high speed and the ball goes where it wants to. Maybe a bit of a less polished Stuv.

I don't think he has brain fades. He's just quite a technically poor pick. If you imagine Zac Jones that is better at winning the ball you get close. Probably a bit less prone to going in head first and stays upright though. Has that pace off a step though and often kicks at high speed and the ball goes where it wants to. Maybe a bit of a less polished Stuv.
I see him as the Jones replacement, or rather the player we hoped Jones would be. I like that he’s a run first type of midfielder. We desperately need that. Someone that can burst away from stoppages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back