Player Watch Pick #12 (2021) - Josh Sinn

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess we will judge Joshua by he does for us but I am wondering why we need another 186cm defender.

On the credit side Joshua looks to have the pace and kicking ability to succeed further up the ground. Hopefully Ken will not drum these attributes out of him.

Only the good parts of Jasper - the guts to take the game on and break lines. But from what I saw of those highlights, he doesnt brain fade under pressure which was a big downside of Jaspers game
The two highlights packages I've seen on YouTube he didn't miss one target.
Looks an excellent kick even over long distances.

I guess we will judge Joshua by he does for us but I am wondering why we need another 186cm defender. ...
Maybe because of the influence of a 185cm 80kg defender that played 121 games for Geebung. ;)

This is the reason the tree up makes sense.

We don't need depth, we have that in spades.

We need elite players to help us take the next step.

We just need to hope we picked the right player and player type.
This.
No need for a depth mature rookie type.
Go all in on the kids and hope some turn out to be stars.

Really excited for this pick. Can’t wait to see him play. I know people feel a bit funny about what our club paid to pick him, but I absolutely love that they decide on what they want, and then do what it takes to make it happen. We did the same with rozee and butters and that turned out well. I think he is exactly what we need and will develop into that powerful, explosive burst mid.
Yup, at least there is a plan, it might not work out, but it's better to work to the plan than leave it to chance with a player not suited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jonas will no doubt continue with his kick-outs-to-the-usual-place, but if they go to Josh his left leg will catch the oppo out. Once or twice.
With Hammer and Lienert both gone, McKenzie the only super-long kick we've got coming out of the backline.

One thing I like straight off the bat is that he's already begun the process of transforming himself into the bigger bodied player he'll need to be in the guts. The contrast between his u16 wiry frame (where I'll admit he does physically look a bit Pittard) and his u18 shape is huge.

He's actively identified that himself and already put on 13kg before even entering a professional system. Shows his body had the capacity to develop that build (not all can!) but more importantly that he has the drive and hunger to transform into a midfielder.

Last edited:
Only seen the highlights but reminds me a bit of Brayden Maynard but with a lot more pace.

Welcome to PAFC!
he’s not at all the close checking one on one defender Maynard is
I guess we will judge Joshua by he does for us but I am wondering why we need another 186cm defender.

On the credit side Joshua looks to have the pace and kicking ability to succeed further up the ground. Hopefully Ken will not drum these attributes out of him.
He is listed as a defender but he’s essentially an outside mid / wingman that plays from halfback.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back