Player Watch Pick #12 (2021) - Josh Sinn

Remove this Banner Ad

I just read the Crows draft thread pre and post draft and there are a lot of big Sinn fans there. Even at pick 6.

Made me feel better

Sinn was absolutely on the radar for the Crows but for the late form of Rachele they would have traded down to get Sinn and another pick.
You can't pass up Rachele though. Not when J Rowe is your best small forward.

Say we rated him 3rd or 4th best player in the draft as some have. If you gave up pick 12 and a future second rounder for pick 3, you would dance naked down the street.
Exactly. Before injury this season he was a top 5 prospect. List management did what they did for reasons we are all stabbing at the dark with. Round 1 pick for next year is intact. Likely to get a 2nd rounder somehow in the trade period.

“You’d be pretty silly not to know the proud history of Port Adelaide and the incredible relationship the club has with Adelaide Oval,” Sinn said.

“I know it’s one of the oldest clubs in Australia and you can tell there’s a lot of pride in the club, not only for the players but also for the staff.

“I know Port Adelaide has such a passionate fan base, which I think I’ll thrive on.

“I want to earn the respect of my teammates but also of the members and supporters as well so I’ll just be putting my best foot forward when I head into the club.

“I’m not setting any limits or expectations on what I can do with the football club but I hope to contribute to everyone around me and help build a really positive environment.”

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/1033372/sinn-over-the-moon-to-land-at-alberton
A Ladhams he is not. On top of that he is studying a double degree this year at uni, plus he speaks welll and sounds reasonably intelligent. Not likely to break rules, resulting in fines or suspensions.

Family happy to see Josh Sinn head to "a great football club"

Sinn was visibly thrilled to have his name called by Port Adelaide at pick 12, seen on the broadcast to offer a small clenched fist celebration after the Power recruiters traded with West Coast to move up the order and secure his services.

He was quick to hug David and Gabrielle along with twin sister Chloe and younger sister Caitlin, while grandparents Jan and Peter Sinn were not far behind.

David explained getting to Port Adelaide was a perfect outcome.

“It’s a lifelong dream for Josh to get to the AFL level,” he said.

“Ever since he was five or six, he has had a ball in his hand and wanted to play football.

“It’s the fulfillment of that and he gets to go to a great football club with a great coach so we’re rapt.”

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/n...-see-josh-sinn-head-to-a-great-football-club-

I like that we got our man...

Our pre draft rankings clearly had him pretty damn high.

We certainly have balls in the list management team.

We have a pretty predictable game style and coaching team.
Our drafting /list management team are the opposite, they’re not adverse to making a occasionally unexpected or risky call.
I think they’ve racked up quite a solid list. It’s now up to the coaching team to utilise it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Compare his brainwashing love for the club compared to Ben Jacobs first interview of

Uhh yeah adelaide only has a one way expressway! That's all I know of the entire state

Sounds like Josh doesn't always need to be told what he needs to improve on, case in point taking it upon himself to bulk up pre-draft so he's ready to be a mid. Will hopefully offer that fast line breaking mid we need, and hopefully from early on next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back