List Mgmt. Welcome Campbell Chesser (Pick 14, 2021 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

This is getting better and better...

The pick swap we did with Port dropped us 2 places in the 1st round meaning that we missed out on this guy.

abee67ff-dd98-411d-87a3-8e9089d69ab8.jpg

Pick 13: Essendon selects Ben Hobbs
96ba7eef-c0f7-4e96-8704-7d39abb939d8.jpg
Getty Images

The best pure contested midfielder in the draft, Ben Hobbs will be ready to go for round one. He's an absolute unit, hunting the ball and the body with absolute ferocity 100% of the time.

Hobbs is a natural leader, a future captain of any AFL club. The Bombers have a mega bargain here at pick 13.

The most West Coast pick of all time.

Hope he delivers in spades. Unfortunately we need to find someone who offers more than being a reliable 200 game player, so he may have that pressure on him somewhat.

Uuuggghhh

Not his fault so welcome Cheshire....a

But uuuugggghhhhhh

The pick swap we did with Port dropped us 2 places in the 1st round meaning that we missed out on this guy.

Getty Images

The best pure contested midfielder in the draft, Ben Hobbs will be ready to go for round one. He's an absolute unit, hunting the ball and the body with absolute ferocity 100% of the time.

Hobbs is a natural leader, a future captain of any AFL club. The Bombers have a mega bargain here at pick 13.

It's that Nick Reiwoldt?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shister Meffeild is a Pies supporter

Delist

Getty Images

Except we didnt swap 2nds, we added Ports F2 and retained ours.

We've been one of the worst rebounding sides in the league for a couple of years now, and every second melt in a game day thread is about our slow stagnant ball movement from the back half. Whilst Hobbs was my dream get and I hate that we passed him up, I can definitely see the need for a player like Chesser.

Had my moment to melt (and it was a decent melt at that) but I’m prepared to get around Chesser now he’s one of us.

But prima facie this looks like another bemusing move after a couple of seasons which have left a lot to be desired both on and off field.

At least tell me all of our players have now had at least one jab or something to bring a bit more positivity. Sigh…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back