List Mgmt. Welcome pick 14 - Campbell Chesser

Priddis Is Done

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
18 year old kid gets picked to play for a club on the other side of the Country and a lot of that clubs fans are putting sh*t on him before he even starts his career. Classy stuff. Most want a contested bull because that apparently is our need. We had the best contested bull in the comp and most on here wanted him gone. ffs. There is some really good knowledgeable posters on here, there are also some pretty funny ones and then there are some that are f’ed. Much like any footy club :) - Anyway, welcome aboard Campbell , all the best on your career with the Eagles.
Yeah well we wanted more than a plodding butcher that stymied any fwd movement and who's role it wasnt to chase.

And before you take a dump on me, you bought up Mr Bradbury.

May 13, 2007
<---------
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Seahawks, Huskies, Newcastle Utd.
Knightmare doesn't rate him at all.
All the more reason to be excited about him.
Exactly my thoughts. For a self-confessed "draft expert", Knighmare has a really poor record with his phantom drafts and his ratings of some of the kids.

As for Chesser, and after the initial shock of not picking up Hobbs or Johnson, the more I look into Chesser's game the more excited I'm now with his selection.

He was an U16 All Australian which lead to a rating as a future top 10 pick at the start of this year.

Unfortunately for him but a bonus for us is that he cops an injury at the start of the year. He has recovered from that and now comes to us fully fit.

The guy is a natural athlete, super quick and two-way runner. The kid can play footy.

There's a knock on him that he doesn't like to tackle but in the 2019 U16 champs he averaged over 5 tackles a game.

"CAMPBELL CHESSER (Vic Country / Sandringham Dragons): Medium midfielder/defender with explosive pace and is a good ball-user. Reads the game very well and averaged 16.7 disposals, 5 marks and 5.3 tackles across the championships."

The guy's very well-spoken, level headed and a natural leader as well.

The bonus is we also pick up a good draft pick that will be in the early 30's next year so it gives us a chance to cheer on against Port for all of 2022. :thumbsu:

I model my game on Tony Lockett when I have a kick with the kids .........

images (2).jpeg

:think:

WCEswift

Premiership Player
Apr 3, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Philly Eagles, Boston Red Sox
Ill put it out there im more than happy to be wrong about the kid, Ill embrace him even But, we will be watching Johnson Draper Goater Hobbs and comparing to him

Clubs got some extended highlights up now boiz.

Would like to have seen a bit more of this dash and some good kicking. Anyone got his combine/test results?

His foot skills are going to need a bit of work as he seems to elevate his kicks a bit. And the only real time he showed dash he got ran down.

His hands seemed decent, and seeing him occasionally around a stoppage was good at least. Hopefully can bring a bit of fleet footed zip.

CoastersFlag No.5

Premium Platinum
Aug 25, 2007
Not in Fremantle
AFL Club
West Coast
He sounds like a young Shep. Remember the bile spewed in his direction the first few years? He’s one of the first picked every week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I think it would bag him if it was 4 or 5 years in and he wasn't a regular but given he hasn't even started training with us I think it's a bit premature to call him a bust as others seem to be doing.

Clubs got some extended highlights up now boiz.

Would like to have seen a bit more of this dash and some good kicking. Anyone got his combine/test results?

His foot skills are going to need a bit of work as he seems to elevate his kicks a bit. And the only real time he showed dash he got ran down.

His hands seemed decent, and seeing him occasionally around a stoppage was good at least. Hopefully can bring a bit of fleet footed zip.

Reminds a bit of Haselby. Maybe it's just the hairdo.

Pretty sure I saw Margetts lining him up for goal at 1:10. Appears we've been getting him ready for the umpiring favouritism for a while now.

Back