List Mgmt. Welcome pick 14 - Campbell Chesser

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Best attribute I took out of that is he likes to draw the opposition in before giving it off.

Means he might show good composure etc
A Rolls Royce mover as well, looks fluid in an easy way but is quick. You cannot develop that attribute. Very comfortable in traffic as well.
Riverina bred - the home of many sporting greats.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Reminds me a fair bit of Gaff but with more aggressive run and carry.

Gaff was who I thought of based on the write up. Gaff with pace. Particularly that two way running, blocking up lanes in defence, giving an option on the exit. Hopefully he comes on like Gaff did as well. Also hope we abandon the defensive wing and let the kid attack.

Nov 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Kid seems like an awsome pick up. Good footy brain, speed, step in traffic, leadership and genuine line breaker. Doubt he would have made it to our pick if he had played more games, but to still be rated as a first rounder despite only playing 5-6 games in 2 years is pretty good. Found some more highlights posted on instagram a while ago.

Great to have you on the board with us Chess 👍

1637816428482.png

arfadunger

Club Legend
Apr 16, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Kid seems like an awsome pick up. Good footy brain, speed, step in traffic, leadership and genuine line breaker. Doubt he would have made it to our pick if he had played more games, but to still be rated as a first rounder despite only playing 5-6 games in 2 years is pretty good. Found some more highlights posted on instagram a while ago.

They're better than the other highlights that having been doing the rounds, looks impressive.

Jan 11, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Admittedly I don’t follow the draft much but I have a good feeling about Campbell. Seems really mature and confident in the interview videos that have been posted here. His highlight videos look promising. The lack of game time over the last few years doesn’t concern me too much because I think at the end of the day it will be about he develops in our team and coaching game plan. I just hope he doesn’t become a gun and then requests a trade back home to a Vic side

ghostbat12

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Who is Tom Swift?

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Admittedly I don’t follow the draft much but I have a good feeling about Campbell. Seems really mature and confident in the interview videos that have been posted here. His highlight videos look promising. The lack of game time over the last few years doesn’t concern me too much because I think at the end of the day it will be about he develops in our team and coaching game plan. I just hope he doesn’t become a gun and then requests a trade back home to a Vic side
He said home was Albury (NSW) but the backgrounders said Wodonga (Vic). Both just over a three hours drive from Melbourne - longer with a break.. Whats Perth a 4hr+ flight wind dependant. He has been away from hoime 4 years and sounds a lot smarter and mature than some.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
What private school did he go to? He’s from Sandy Dragons so obviously from around the Brighton area.

Right in our draft demographic…

From Lavington on the NSW side of Albury-Wodonga. Went to Melbourne to chase his dream - promising cv on the personal side. :thumbsu:

'As a 16-year-old he got a taste of NAB League footy for Sandy and, as captain of the Vic Country under 16s side, he was named All-Australian for his explosiveness and athleticism. 

Representing Vic Country as an Associated Public School (APS) boy with the Sandringham Dragons, having initially been in the Murray Bushrangers pathway, Chesser has links with a cross-section of the draft pool. 

His roots are in Lavington, near Albury, giving him Vic Country status and history with the Bushrangers, before he accepted a scholarship to start boarding at Melbourne Grammar in year nine, following in the footsteps of fellow Albury local, Melbourne Grammar alumni and now premiership-winning Melbourne Demon, Charlie Spargo. 

“I just wanted to extend myself further,” Chesser said. 

“I didn’t really understand too much about the academic benefit at the time but Charlie Spargo spoke to me a little bit about the importance of schooling and education prior to me coming which has helped me heaps. 

Back