Player Watch Ned McHenry

Remove this Banner Ad

Ned is clearly highly talented and an incredible defensive player, but I can’t help think Hamish and Pyke heavily weighted his character and infectious enthusiasm.

Our club had been through emotional hell the last few years and adding a chirpy legend like Ned will do no harm to improving morale around the joint.

Ned is clearly highly talented and an incredible defensive player, but I can’t help think Hamish and Pyke heavily weighted his character and infectious enthusiasm.

Our club had been through emotional hell the last few years and adding a chirpy legend like Ned will do no harm to improving morale around the joint.
If that's why we selected him it should have been as a coach, not a player

Hold off until you see him play, "it's not the size of dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog"...he ain't lacking one inch on the field of play.

If that's why we selected him it should have been as a coach, not a player

Chirpy spark plug type personalities suit players better then coaches.

It may have been the thing which pushed McHenry over the line over someone else just due to it being a rather rare thing. However, equally we would have made sure there would be enough tools there for a career which does seem to be the case.

I don’t mean to denigrate his talent level at all; if we took him one selection earlier than we would’ve if he was a mute introvert then he’s still ranked top 20.

I reckon he can’t fail to play 150 games as a minimum given his skills, fitness and tackling obsession.

I love him!

I hope we don't try and take that mongrel out of him.. It's something I miss in Matt Crouch's game this year. Fingers crossed we can have matt crouch being an annoying prick as well as ned being an annoying prick next season.

I hope we don't try and take that mongrel out of him.. It's something I miss in Matt Crouch's game this year. Fingers crossed we can have matt crouch being an annoying prick as well as ned being an annoying prick next season.

Fingers crossed that's just getting Matt fit and firing, as injury can hurt that desire to be a mongrel.

Matt got Burton'd this year, which I'm sure was a major factor in his lack of impact.

I recently re-watched some of that 2017 showdown where we poleaxed them. Guys like Matt, Sloane and Kelly were ragdolling them for fun. Matt's kicking looked better too, hitting some sweet passes.

Fingers crossed that's just getting Matt fit and firing, as injury can hurt that desire to be a mongrel.
Matt got Burton'd this year, which I'm sure was a major factor in his lack of impact.

I recently re-watched some of that 2017 showdown where we poleaxed them. Guys like Matt, Sloane and Kelly were ragdolling them for fun. Matt's kicking looked better too, hitting some sweet passes.

Yeah gotta agree with you guys here.

Jack, I noticed that too mate. It's amazing how he went back to bad habits this year looking for the 20m chip pass (or a handball that wasn't really needed) rather than the 35-40m kicks he did last year. Confidence does that to you I guess. Fingers crossed he's back to his usual annoying self next year!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hold off until you see him play, "it's not the size of dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog"...he ain't lacking one inch on the field of play.
I imagine if we put out a Knight and McHenry combo on the field, it's the type of thing that could really get under the skin of oppositions. And as soon as you get teams/players reacting to what you're doing, that's when you're at an advantage.

Yeah gotta agree with you guys here.

Jack, I noticed that too mate. It's amazing how he went back to bad habits this year looking for the 20m chip pass (or a handball that wasn't really needed) rather than the 35-40m kicks he did last year. Confidence does that to you I guess. Fingers crossed he's back to his usual annoying self next year!
Yet on the metres gained stat 2017 = 337 m.g. - 2018 = 313 m.g. so he wasn't that far off given his injuries.

Not saying your wrong but going to an AO Test means nothing
Are you the new Christmas Grinch?
How-the-Grinch-Stole-Christmas1.jpg

Are you the new Christmas Grinch?
How-the-Grinch-Stole-Christmas1.jpg
Just not at Christmas. But in all seriousness, even if you hate the Club, hate Adelaide if you are a young bloke you’d still jump at the chance of going to an AO Test match if you enjoy the cricket. I’m pretty sure Lever and Gov might have gone to a match too;)

Just not at Christmas. But in all seriousness, even if you hate the Club, hate Adelaide if you are a young bloke you’d still jump at the chance of going to an AO Test match if you enjoy the cricket. I’m pretty sure Lever and Gov might have gone to a match too;)
If the draftees were there by themselves, and our existing players in their existing cliques, then it would be 100 percent meaningless.

In this case there is a hint that our new players may be getting welcomed into the fold, and therefore I think this is only 99 percent meaningless, which makes it probably the most interesting news of the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back