List Mgmt. Welcome Pick 28 - Luke Partington

Mico89

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
He had a solid first game, had a few moments when he turned the ball over but that's expected. He showed massive upside, we need to keep playing him.

And yes, he looked considerably shorter than the 182cm-listed Gaff. I'd like to see Partington next to Mitchell.

* that, let get him next to McGovern, then we'll really have no idea.

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast
Solid debut by Parto the run and handball to Sheed to set Kennedy up was well done and also great snap to kick his first goal , Parto knows where the goals are and willing to have a shot

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nice to see that he took the responsibility kicking for goal. He burned a few handballs but they were realistically in no better position so he summed it up nicely and finished. (as did Sheed running into goal yesterday)

Nice little shimmy to break the tackle as well when he kicked the goal. Needs a few summers in the gym, though!

Mickey Rae

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The Mighty Royals
A reasonable debut by Party Pie (not a full sized Mrs Macs). Some good plays and no sign of first game nerves.

Woobla Stainz

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2014
Perth NOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Real Madrid
Loved that he backed himself in to kick that snag. We have a serious lack of goal kicking mids. Would have to have the least goals kicked from the mid in the league.

FatPizza

Premiership Player
May 25, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Has Barich had another chance to badger him about his deceased father yet? I still cringe when thinking about that...

Apr 8, 2016
Vietnam
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
He's one cm taller than me and he is described on the AFL site as "diminutive":
I'm unsure if my self-esteem will ever recover. Will have to strap my 180cm self to the rack and stretch
:$:(

Just do what I did, move to Vietnam. At that height you are a giant. It is great getting in lifts and towering above everyone. Until of course you come back to Aus and get bullied by kids for being "diminutive".

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Just do what I did, move to Vietnam. At that height you are a giant. It is great getting in lifts and towering above everyone. Until of course you come back to Aus and get bullied by kids for being "diminutive".
im sri lankan and at 6ft 2 i tower over my rents and when get i bet back home i get treated as a giant but here im like normal height for blokes my age.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
21 before the season even started. Do they not have criteria anymore?
Every round, an Australian Football League rising star nomination is given to a standout young player who performed well during that particular round. To be eligible to be nominated for the award, a player must be younger than 21 years of age on 1 January of the award year and have played 10 or fewer senior games before the beginning of the season.

JADED

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2005
SA
AFL Club
West Coast
Every round, an Australian Football League rising star nomination is given to a standout young player who performed well during that particular round. To be eligible to be nominated for the award, a player must be younger than 21 years of age on 1 January of the award year and have played 10 or fewer senior games before the beginning of the season.
So he's in by a month (I thought it was 20yrs TBH)
Definite nom or gtfo (as you said Avishka)

Back