List Mgmt. Welcome Pick 28 - Luke Partington

Dervio

Rookie
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Recruiter mate (one of the SA clubs) at the time was puzzled by the selection and suggested our next pick (Cole) was more likely to have a successful AFL career. Looks like he was on the money so far.

Doesn't mean I don't still hope he's wrong though...
Mutimer was the pick after cole

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Looking at the WAFL stats, he had 5 tackles last w/e. Pretty sure he's working on it. If anything if he backs that up with another 5 tackle game he's in line for a 2018 game at some point soon.

Another WAFLclass hero imo. I don't see what he can bring to the team that we need besides depth.

Always happy to be proven wrong, but I see another Mutimer.

WCEbrody

Premiership Player
May 17, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea,Chicago Bulls
He's an on baller that's behind Shuey,Sheed,Yeo,Gaff,Redden,Hutchings,Ah Chee and probably now Ainsworth.
I wouldn't be worried about him coming in to replace an injured Sheed,Redden or Hutchings for a couple of games but i don't see a long-term role for him in our team.

Good depth if he's willing to be just that.

Goldfish

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
West Coast
Mutimer was the pick after cole
Futurama-Fry.jpg

dajesmac

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Manchester
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Liverpool
Yeah I don’t think they like Parto. The language used when describing him has never been overly encouraging or flattering in comparison to other young players.

I don’t think he’s that bad but he doesn’t seem to be that good either. I think we need to see him more at AFL level before we know for sure.

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
He's not a two way player, plays his own game instead of sticking to a role and isn't great defensively.

Not great for someone who isn't a superstar when it comes to talent.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Surely he has enough to work with as a long term project mid. Doesn’t help that he’s not a local so he will probably ask for a trade. I strongly doubt he would be delisted but I reckon the club will give him the tough love treatment

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Surely he has enough to work with as a long term project mid. Doesn’t help that he’s not a local so he will probably ask for a trade. I strongly doubt he would be delisted but I reckon the club will give him the tough love treatment
What is the knock on him?

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
What is the knock on him?
Defensive running and lack of impact with touches/stat padding I think. Plus too small for afl midfield.

I think the defensive stuff will come eventually but he’ll have to bid his time for a while

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Defensive running and lack of impact with touches/stat padding I think. Plus too small for afl midfield.

I think the defensive stuff will come eventually but he’ll have to bid his time for a while
I don't think size is an issue anymore. Looks pretty built for a small mid.

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi

Anyone under 184cm is too small for our midfield according to WC Bigfooty...

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone under 184cm is too small for our midfield according to WC Bigfooty...
I don’t think he’s too small, I’m just saying that’s the ‘knock’ on him according to others. I’ve hardly seen him play except in the WC side last year.

Definitely not an afl forward going by those matches for us, so it’ll have to be a midfield role if he’s to make it.

yogibbear

Premiership Player
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
7 tackles today. All signs are looking good.

Has to be in line for getting his name on that emergency sheet. Though probs behind Ainsworth still. And Shuey to be back. So just our depth keeping him out. He'll get a chance at some point this year though.

Keep it up!

Convocation

Premium Gold
Jun 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Luke has been invited to the AFL Draft combine after what has been a stellar season thus far with Glenelg with his ability to find the ball and hit the scoreboard.
I hope he gets another chance at AFL level after being delisted by us at the end of last season, and going back to the SANFL and being considered among the favourites to win this year’s Magarey Medal.
I also hope Glenelg coach Mark Stone is being asked the question of if he wants back in the AFL system (hopefully back with the Eagles where he was our stoppage coach in 2006) given he has taken them to the top of the ladder in the space of 2 years. Guy can coach!

getgaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 30, 2010
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Miami Heat, Old Easts
Luke has been invited to the AFL Draft combine after what has been a stellar season thus far with Glenelg with his ability to find the ball and hit the scoreboard.
I hope he gets another chance at AFL level after being delisted by us at the end of last season, and going back to the SANFL and being considered among the favourites to win this year’s Magarey Medal.
I also hope Glenelg coach Mark Stone is being asked the question of if he wants back in the AFL system (hopefully back with the Eagles where he was our stoppage coach in 2006) given he has taken them to the top of the ladder in the space of 2 years. Guy can coach!

Agree on both counts and pleased to hear that Parto has transitioned into the SANFL easily. Was never out of place for us at East Perth but just couldn't break into not solidify himself the first choice midfield.

Not sure if Stoney was an SA guy originally but I think he spent some time at Fremantle working with their midfield as well.

Convocation

Premium Gold
Jun 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure if Stoney was an SA guy originally but I think he spent some time at Fremantle working with their midfield as well.
From Wangaratta originally. Coaching career - Eagles 2002-2007 / Swans 2007 - 2011 / Freo 2011 - 2017 / Glenelg (Head Coach) Dec 2017 Present.
Has plenty of ties in WA, but plenty of connections throughout the industry.

Back