List Mgmt. Welcome Pick 28 - Luke Partington

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Parto too slow thO. He would be quicker than Sheed/Redden/Masto/Hutch/Gaff.

Think speed wasn't an issue. More like hurt factor and size.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. The SANFL smells

2. Wouldn't mind Parto coming in for X player.

3. I honestly hope the bloke is drafted, has a successful AFL career and possibly sinks a clutch goal to end our flag hopes one year.

Maybe then the MC would realize they should have thrown him a bone.

It's reading stories like this that have me worried about our midfield development.

This kid always has obvious talent. Gets a belated senior run after public outcry, gets dropped, doesn't get another shot, gets cut from our list, and then wins a Magaery medal in the SANFL?

Meanwhile, we put guys on our list like Burrows and England and keep Fraser Mciness around after being on our list for almost a decade?

Partington is still only 22 as well yeah? I can only speculate there must have been more going on behind the scenes because cutting him loose always felt like a bit of a dubious list management decision

Some of you guys are taking the piss with this revisionist history.

Partington was/is an average footballer. Too small, too slow, with rumoured attitude problems and without good enough skills to play league.

There is zero chance he'd get a spot in our side.

I'm happy for the guy, but the SANFL in 2019 is a joke, it's not even 2019 WAFL grade.

2012 - Brad Symes
2013 - Matt Thomas
2014 - Zane Kirkwood
2015 - Joel Cross
2016 - Zane Kirkwood
2017 - Mitch Grigg
2018 - Mitch Grigg
2019 - Luke Partington

Inspiring stuff

Hutch absolutely would, Masten I'm not so sure. More due to their specific strengths than one being a better player than the other.
I think Masto could. His softness wouldn't be as glaring at that level and he could probably play tad more inside.

Masten would run rings around amateur state players with his endurance. 30 disposals average easy.
Exactly. There's a few rigs at WAFL level that's doing well/decent but i doubt there tank would translate to AFL.

Masten dominates when he plays WAFL. I would kind of like to see him win a Sandover for the Beagles after he retires.

Beagle's first Sandover winner, premiership player, whipping boy, 200 game player, goat. What a strangely wonderful career that would be, really it already is.

And iirc Hutchings finished second or thereabouts after getting delisted by St Kilda.

Hell I reckon Pridda could probably win another one, playing managed minutes in his mid thirties.

Some of you guys are taking the piss with this revisionist history.

Partington was/is an average footballer. Too small, too slow, with rumoured attitude problems and without good enough skills to play league.

There is zero chance he'd get a spot in our side.

I'm happy for the guy, but the SANFL in 2019 is a joke, it's not even 2019 WAFL grade.

2012 - Brad Symes
2013 - Matt Thomas
2014 - Zane Kirkwood
2015 - Joel Cross
2016 - Zane Kirkwood
2017 - Mitch Grigg
2018 - Mitch Grigg
2019 - Luke Partington

Inspiring stuff

Ok now do the WA Sandover Medal winners..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back