List Mgmt. Welcome Pick 36 - Tom Cole

Remove this Banner Ad

It is starting to be a real concern. Who have we drafted, since Simmo arrived, who has actually made it as a midfielder?

Currently sitting at zero from about 16 picks and Ainsworth looks perhaps the most likely. FMD if I hear one more person say the midfield is the easiest area of the ground to improve I will choke.

It is starting to be a real concern. Who have we drafted, since Simmo arrived, who has actually made it as a midfielder?

Currently sitting at zero from about 16 picks and Ainsworth looks perhaps the most likely. FMD if I hear one more person say the midfield is the easiest area of the ground to improve I will choke.
Its easy if you have top 5 picks which we haven't

Plenty of good mids from drafts after our picks, even allowing for academy picks. We just don't identify and/or value them.
Yep. It’s terrible form by our coaches.

Any potential mids who can’t play HBF or HFF don’t seem to have a future in the side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s time to move Tom to the midfield. We can’t fall into the usual mid-season Simmo trap of becoming stagnant with on-field changes.

Move Cole and Rioli into some centre bounces and see what energy they bring.

Cole has fantastic evasion and acceleration and a neat kick. Also goes in hard. I don’t know what his endurance is like, but he can possibly play a similar role to Masto.

Cmon Simpson
Cole has found a spot in the side and is producing good footy in that position so you want to move him?

The top 2 teams on the ladder have multiple small/ mid sized forwards to combat . Jetta is a liability defensively . Hurn doesnt have the pace and agility he used to .
Leaving us shep , duggan and cole .

Leave the kid to play his defensive role and if a midfield role is in his future let him have a preseaon practicing that role or we are setting him up for failure

Cole has found a spot in the side and is producing good footy in that position so you want to move him?

The top 2 teams on the ladder have multiple small/ mid sized forwards to combat . Jetta is a liability defensively . Hurn doesnt have the pace and agility he used to .

Leave the kid to play his defensive role and if a midfield role is in his future let him have a preseaon practicing that role or we are setting him up for failure

With Cole in the midfield the ball would never end up in our defence anyway so it makes sense.

Yeah look, I just think he should be pushed into the middle at times throughout games. As with Rioli and Cripps.

When Simmo came on board i was excited by the prospect of multiple players rotating through the middle, but that hasn't eventuated. I know Cole has the potential to make an impact in the middle, but I wouldn't be upset if he stays back because he's very reliable back there for someone of his experience.

This guy is going to be an absolute star. He's got 20-odd games under his belt and already looks at home.

Biggest improver at the club. Every game looks better and better. Going to be such a great player for us. Something tells me playing woth the likes of Hurn McGov Sheppard has a lot to do with Coles improvment coming through. He isnt afraid to jump into a contest for a intercept mark for small guy. Fitting in nicely and adds a lot to an already awesome defense we got. The pace we needed to have back there.

I still have concerns about his kicking over 20-30m. I wouldnt rush to move him into the midfield because his best aspect of his game is his marking for his size which is best used down back

I still have concerns about his kicking over 20-30m. I wouldnt rush to move him into the midfield because his best aspect of his game is his marking for his size which is best used down back
No concerns, he's already the complete player. I don't think I'm going too early here but I think he should leapfrog the rest of the leadership group and be officially named our Captain-in-waiting. Captain Cole has a nice ring to it.
I also think he'll take mark of the year, play in a premiership and be named AA within the next 3 seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back