West Perth
Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Midfield priorities aside, this is a great selection - Barrass 2.0

With Barrass, H.Edwards and now Bazzo, key defence looks secure well after McGovern hangs up his boots.

Guaranteed to gain cult status if he grows a mullet with a name like that.

Welcome to the club Rhett - may your hands stay strong and your hair grow long on the road to premiership glory.

He was very impressive in shutting down JVR in the Colts GF. Van Rooyen was dominating and threatened to tear the game apart.

Sheldrick may have turned heads that day, but ultimately it was Bazzo who helped get his side over the line.

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
He was very impressive in shutting down JVR in the Colts GF. Van Rooyen was dominating and threatened to tear the game apart.

Sheldrick may have turned heads that day, but ultimately it was Bazzo who helped get his side over the line.

I've watched 2 minutes of highlights, so now claim to be an expert..... but....

It seems the knock on him (other than potentially interviewing poorly and potentially wanting to stay in WA) was that he isn't super-strong 1v1.

But it's similar to Gov and TB (and a lot of intercept defenders) - they often move from 1v1 positions to intercept positions as the read the play/ball better than others. He just seems a smart/natural footballer.

Look i don't know if i can trust a bloke named Rhett.

But this is the best pick of our entire draft for mine. Actually got someone highly rated for a bit of a steal at that stage of the night.

Chuffed with this one. Good luck young man. Only turned 18 a few weeks ago, so hopefully still growing and can ply his craft developing at the Beagles.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
The kicking is actually a gigantic plus. Lukosius is so effective because he can set up a rebound so quickly by intercepting and then pinpointing a long pass in the space of a few seconds. Rather than a strong marker who then has to predictably seek out the designated kicker.

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
First time ive had a look at him.Whats with the two grabs at so many marking contests? Seems to be first at the marking contest but not clean hands?

Back