List Mgmt. Welcome pick 37 - Rhett Bazzo

Remove this Banner Ad

First time ive had a look at him.Whats with the two grabs at so many marking contests? Seems to be first at the marking contest but not clean hands?
His marking is pretty good. If you're going by the Youtube clips posted for the draft, a lot of his contested marks were from coming from behind and marking over the top of his opponents.

I saw a couple of his games this year and my recollection was that he was clean with his marking.

If he does have any deficiencies, you'd expect that they'd be ironed out pretty quickly in a professional environment.

Check out Tim English next time you see him play. He has never taken a 1 grab mark in his life.

With his debut on Saturday he becomes the 275th West Coast Eagles AFL player, the first Rhett, the 20th Swan Districts product (I think) and the ninth to wear the #33.

I was also going to try to work out how many sons of WAFL premiership players were in that 275, but it got too hard.

With his debut on Saturday he becomes the 275th West Coast Eagles AFL player, the first Rhett, the 20th Swan Districts product (I think) and the ninth to wear the #33.

I was also going to try to work out how many sons of WAFL premiership players were in that 275, but it got too hard.

Assuming he is of this stock, how many Italian-Australians is that for the Eagles?

Assuming he is of this stock, how many Italian-Australians is that for the Eagles?

Off the top of my head:
Matera x 3
Zanotti
Petruccelle
Melesso

Probably more. Hard to say though, some guys might have Italian-sounding names but be third or fourth generation (or more) Australian and others might have an English-sounding name but an Italian-born mother.

Off the top of my head:
Matera x 3
Zanotti
Petruccelle
Melesso

Probably more. Hard to say though, some guys might have Italian-sounding names but be third or fourth generation (or more) Australian and others might have an English-sounding name but an Italian-born mother.
Laurie Bellotti
Mark Merenda
Michael Collica
Matt Rosa

Yes, I looked at a list. Now trying to identify all 20 Swans players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off the top of my head:
Matera x 3
Zanotti
Petruccelle
Melesso

I believe Sheed falls into that latter category. It’s quite funny how split down the middle he and his siblings are. Dom and one of his brothers are quite dark and olive skinned while I think his sister and brother Alex are pale and blonde.

Anyway I’ll post the rest of my thoughts on BigItaly

I feel as if some players you just know are going to be good contributors. Bazzo is definitely one of them, had a solid debut and wasn't overawed during his trial by fire against the one-two punch of Hawkins and Cameron.

Hough another obvious win (very bullish on him, can see 200 more games in his future at least) Jack Williams I have a good feeling about (Hawkins mould I'm sensing/hoping), Clark will be serviceable in the 22 at best and very good depth at worst and if Chesser can overcome his long stint away from footy with his pure athleticism and good attitude, well we've absolutely nailed this draft.

I guess for all of the pieman bashing on this forum, the man may have pulled out some of his best work before he rides off into the sunset.

Over to you, Toddy_Nesbitt

Don't * it up champ.

On SM-N985F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Certainly on draft night I wasn’t expecting to see him play this year, but he looks like he’s got a good head on his shoulders.

Not overawed by either the occasion, or the A grade opponents he found himself on in his first game. Which at this stage is all you can ask for. Hope he can keep himself fit & gets a few more games this year.

I'd like to see him be that player we tried desperately to turn Rotham into. Once he fills out and has enough experience then we should turn him into a CHB

I always assumed Tony Notte was Italian too

Sent angrily from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back