Player Watch Pick #56 (2021) - Dante Visentini

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisting a pick 12 after two poor but injury ravaged years would be the dumbest list management move we've ever made, and that's a very high bar.

Think it’s all well and good being a pick 12 but the simple fact remains that his value was largely based on what he produced at the u16s level. Since then, he’s been the best part injured for near on 5 years now and not produced what he did back then. If we could do the draft again, he wouldn’t have been close to a first rounder.

Could be another Freeman situation where he just won’t make the cut unfortunately. I agree with the above that he’s closer to delist territory if we don’t see more before his contracts up, which lucky for him is another 2 years.

Anyway, love the look of Dante!

I'm loving what Visentini is showing at this stage of his career, he reminds me a little of Dean Brogan with his take no prisoners style.

I too hope the club goes after his younger bro Vigo, but it's his 3rd bro Igor who I'm very keen on Port eventually drafting, apparently he is a real monster! ;)

Anyway back to the serious stuff, there is no doubt Sinn has been very disappointing and needs a huge pre-season so he can hit the ground running for 2024 because if he is performing at the same level this time next year he will unfortunately have bust written all over him, and Doc Feel will have been right on the money.

Yes, Visentini's progress has been one of the few bright spots in the past two weeks. He is not there yet but has shown some signs that he will be in a year or so. His ruckwork is promising, he just needs to find more of the ball around the ground. At SANFL level Dante has shown that he can take a mark and find the footy so here is hoping.
Needs to get his spoiling right before he focuses too much on pack marks. Twice he he flew at a pack from a Geelong kick in, carried the pack forward nicely but missed the spoil completely and let the ball out the back.
Costly mistakes at critical moments of the game. Still a lot to like, starting to develop some understanding with the mids but people need to have realistic expectations for his progress

His game against Essendon was something to forget. However since then from the follow up SANFL game and his return to AFL. The improvement has been a great surprise and enjoyment to watch.

Must have been down to the nerves and disorganisation of his debut.

Just reposting his u18 highlights, some good movement for a gangly big man and some serious tackles (and a couple of decent marks).

His game against Essendon was something to forget. However since then from the follow up SANFL game and his return to AFL. The improvement has been a great surprise and enjoyment to watch.

Must have been down to the nerves and disorganisation of his debut.

Yup. After the Bombers game the first thing I thought was Shane Warne's debut. Never wanted to see him play for Australia again.
Since then I've always let really poor debuts slide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The big question, which is too early to tell, is do we have our young ruck to complement our elite midfield? I guess we will tell in the last few games. If you squinted on the weekend, you would've seen him play better than Lycett is a few aspects of the ruck craft.

He's competitive, won 7 centre clearances, can lead and mark in the forward line, tackles well, can leap, hard at it and seems a smart player.

If Dante develops like we all hope, he will give a lot of confidence for Butters, Rozee and the Hornet in the centre.

He will be going against the best young ruck in Briggs this week so hopefully he shows out and in the least, learns a lot.

The big question, which is too early to tell, is do we have our young ruck to complement our elite midfield? I guess we will tell in the last few games. If you squinted on the weekend, you would've seen him play better than Lycett is a few aspects of the ruck craft.

He's competitive, won 7 centre clearances, can lead and mark in the forward line, tackles well, can leap, hard at it and seems a smart player.

If Dante develops like we all hope, he will give a lot of confidence for Butters, Rozee and the Hornet in the centre.

He will be going against the best young ruck in Briggs this week so hopefully he shows out and in the least, learns a lot.
Maybe Grundy is the right move for last couple of years of his career while Dante keeps improving.

One thing I noticed was clear chemistry a couple of times between Dante and the young mids, stuff haven’t seen from our other rucks.

Maybe Grundy is the right move for last couple of years of his career while Dante keeps improving.

One thing I noticed was clear chemistry a couple of times between Dante and the young mids, stuff haven’t seen from our other rucks.
Yeah some of his taps reminded me of Ryder or Lade. Just had that intention about them.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back