RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
You'd hope Lord and him have some natural chemistry already both being Sandy boys
I was gonna ask who are the Sandy boys. I reckon Lord said he knew someone we drafted the previous year. Ok looked it up Miles Bergman is a Sandy boys. That's good, a small group of 4 to lean on each other, especially if next winter we get another Covid shutdown.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fizzler

BBTB
Dec 26, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
BOLTS, REN, OKC, WFC, LVB, STORM
I didn't realise there was anyone outside my family with this last name, nor did I know there was anyone in the draft class with it, and he goes to Port of all teams??? This is insane!!!!
Expecting people to both the pronounciation here but it's pronounced VIZ-en-TI-ni

Last edited:

Macca19

Jan 14, 2001
Albertr0n
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC, Orlando Magic
I didn't realise there was anyone outside my family with this last name, nor did I know there was anyone in the draft class with it, and he goes to Port of all teams??? This is insane!!!!
Expecting people to both the pronounciation here but it's pronounced VIZ-en-TI-ni
Awesome work Fizzlentini

RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
How do you reckon Brrrrrrrrrrrrrian will go with the pronunciation?

Tibbs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
From one of the Dragon's articles. Pretty high praise from a footy coache who has developed many good players that have gone on to the AFL. ....

One of his first quarters was the best that Austerberry has ever seen in junior footy. Dante kicked four goals and gave three off and did not play the rest of the match as his workloads were managed. “He came up to me at quarter time and said ‘Jay, you’ve got to put me on’ and I couldn’t, school wouldn’t let me and he said ‘I don’t care, I want to play!’" Austerberry said.

“He was kicking it from outside the 40 metre line. He took contested marks, heavy marks. Could’ve kicked all 10 essentially. It’s the best quarter of junior footy I’ve seen anyone play. He was a generous footballer, not a selfish one and an out and out superstar."

C
oach Jay Austerberry on Dante....
“He was meticulous with looking after himself. Without him boasting that he wanted to get to the highest level, he actually showed that without having to tell you, through training standards, on-field, off-field, the professionalism, engagement when you’re chatting to him individually. You don’t get many kids that have got Dante’s status and are going to rock up on rainy Thursday night and be one of ten kids that puts his hand up and comes to training because he wants to be around his friends. In his world as a 16-year-old kid, if you were in that circle of footballers, you always knew who Dante was, but he never had that ego about him. When he had to train with us, he’d be there. He’d ride his bike there. First there, last to leave. Ultra-professional. Measured.”

Definitely passes our "No Dickhead" policy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad