Player Watch Pick #56 (2021) - Dante Visentini

Remove this Banner Ad

I like we've got a player that we thought would take a few years to physically develop as key forward already looking likely.

Visentini has impressed Lobbe since the teenager was selected by the club with pick 56 in November’s draft.

At 201cms, the Sandringham Dragons product has shown an ability to follow up on the ground that is rare in someone his height and a competitive edge that belies his experience.

“Dante is a really smart guy and I like how naturally competitive he is and how much he can offer as a forward as well,” Lobbe said.

“He has already shown a heap and we’d expect some good SANFL footy from him this year. He’s progressed so much since he has arrived and continues to improve.

“His attitude is really good and while he probably doesn’t have the frame at the moment to compete with the bigger bodies, he’s really good at following up his work and chasing and tackling.”

Ruck and roll: Lobbe impressed by young big men

Visentini has impressed Lobbe since the teenager was selected by the club with pick 56 in November’s draft.

At 201cms, the Sandringham Dragons product has shown an ability to follow up on the ground that is rare in someone his height and a competitive edge that belies his experience.

“Dante is a really smart guy and I like how naturally competitive he is and how much he can offer as a forward as well,” Lobbe said.

“He has already shown a heap and we’d expect some good SANFL footy from him this year. He’s progressed so much since he has arrived and continues to improve.

“His attitude is really good and while he probably doesn’t have the frame at the moment to compete with the bigger bodies, he’s really good at following up his work and chasing and tackling.”

we desperately need a ruck with these attributes. Fingers and toes crossed we don't rebuild him up to be a dinosaur slow moving ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why would anyone ask Lobbe about rucking or consider his opinion at all, the guy was worst ruckman in the past 30 years, its like ask Cam Hitchcock the finer points of being an on-field presence in a footy match. And to think we passed up a first round pick for this guy.

Someone's playing ability is not always equal to their coaching ability, so I'm happy to reserve judgement on Lobbe as a ruck coach.
this is true, but this is also a specific coaching role in teaching ruckman, for a guy who had no idea how to do it himself then you would think how will he each others. i'll go out on a limb and say this is another job for the boys, Ken's brought in a bloke that wont question him at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back