Player Watch Pick #56 (2021) - Dante Visentini

Remove this Banner Ad

Really pleased we went tall, our defence is going to need some fresh blood in years to come, I hope he can hold down a key position spot like Weitering from Carlton.

56. Port Adelaide - Dante Visentini (key position utility, Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro)

12. Port Adelaide - Josh Sinn (medium defender, Sandringham Dragons/Old Xaverians/Vic Metro)

Oh well at least Dante knows someone at the club on day 1.

You'd hope Lord and him have some natural chemistry already both being Sandy boys
I was gonna ask who are the Sandy boys. I reckon Lord said he knew someone we drafted the previous year. Ok looked it up Miles Bergman is a Sandy boys. That's good, a small group of 4 to lean on each other, especially if next winter we get another Covid shutdown.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't realise there was anyone outside my family with this last name, nor did I know there was anyone in the draft class with it, and he goes to Port of all teams??? This is insane!!!!
Expecting people to both the pronounciation here but it's pronounced VIZ-en-TI-ni

Last edited:
I didn't realise there was anyone outside my family with this last name, nor did I know there was anyone in the draft class with it, and he goes to Port of all teams??? This is insane!!!!
Expecting people to both the pronounciation here but it's pronounced VIZ-en-TI-ni

Awesome work Fizzlentini

Awesome work Fizzlentini
I've long had regret that 10 year old me chose this dumb username in 2013 but what I can definitely say after this message all that regret has completely disappeared

How do you reckon Brrrrrrrrrrrrrian will go with the pronunciation?

From one of the Dragon's articles. Pretty high praise from a footy coache who has developed many good players that have gone on to the AFL. ....

One of his first quarters was the best that Austerberry has ever seen in junior footy. Dante kicked four goals and gave three off and did not play the rest of the match as his workloads were managed. “He came up to me at quarter time and said ‘Jay, you’ve got to put me on’ and I couldn’t, school wouldn’t let me and he said ‘I don’t care, I want to play!’" Austerberry said.

“He was kicking it from outside the 40 metre line. He took contested marks, heavy marks. Could’ve kicked all 10 essentially. It’s the best quarter of junior footy I’ve seen anyone play. He was a generous footballer, not a selfish one and an out and out superstar."

C
oach Jay Austerberry on Dante....
“He was meticulous with looking after himself. Without him boasting that he wanted to get to the highest level, he actually showed that without having to tell you, through training standards, on-field, off-field, the professionalism, engagement when you’re chatting to him individually. You don’t get many kids that have got Dante’s status and are going to rock up on rainy Thursday night and be one of ten kids that puts his hand up and comes to training because he wants to be around his friends. In his world as a 16-year-old kid, if you were in that circle of footballers, you always knew who Dante was, but he never had that ego about him. When he had to train with us, he’d be there. He’d ride his bike there. First there, last to leave. Ultra-professional. Measured.”

Definitely passes our "No Dickhead" policy!

I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say that he has the best highlights of anyone we’ve ever drafted. Extraordinary blend of aggression, power, agility, touch, speed AND endurance.
Yeah I get that the recruiters see a lot more of him, but from that 1:30 package he looks borderline superhuman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back