List Mgmt. Welcome pick 57 - Jack Williams

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Leads well and is a good kick for a tall, but will need to keep growing however to hold down a key forward position at the next level against the new generation of AFL defenders.

Looks like he gets involved quite a bit for a tall forward, could potentially develop as a Gunston type that could prove a handful to defend against.

95kg already as well - going to become a unit after a few preseasons.

Probably will start to come into the side as the third tall up forward in 2023 after Kennedy has retired.

Either way, his recruitment asks questions over the future of Waterman (is he about to be repurposed to the Brander role?)

Welcome to the Eagles.

We now have x4 Jacks on our list - the sponsors will be happy.
Rhett Bazzo listed as 195cm but Williams a few cm's taller
Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 3.27.20 pm.png

Personally I don't think 195cm will be too short to play KPF. With the exception of a couple, most of the 200cm guys are very lean nd athletic guys but not as big as as using their size and bulk. Jack I can see being more like Tomahawk or Tex type

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
View attachment 1287961

Personally I don't think 195cm will be too short to play KPF. With the exception of a couple, most of the 200cm guys are very lean nd athletic guys but not as big as as using their size and bulk. Jack I can see being more like Tomahawk or Tex type

This is delightfully on brand content from you

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
View attachment 1287961

Also looks like Hough is pretty damn tall too.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
watching those highlights.
1. his legs are absolute tree stumps
2. His kicking is elite and kicks it like how a leading forward wishes to receive the footy. Jk, Tex, Hawkins and Buddy are all elite at this

Dale Doback

Team Captain
Aug 6, 2018
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Good pickup at 57. 2 years in the gym and learning in the WAFL he might be a very handy key forward.

Last edited:

Mulldogg

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
If he’s only 17 and is 195cm I’d dare say he’s got a bit more growth in him. Hopefully hits the 200cm mark to provide a viable ruck option, even if it’s only pinch hitting.

As others have said the KPFs this generation are in the range of 197 to 201cm and the rucks are generally >202cm.

Back