Player Watch Pick #59 (2022) - Kyle Marshall

Remove this Banner Ad

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’m getting on board with those who think Kyle is potentially the most important player we picked up off season.

I will give McKays management a blank cheque to get a decent KPD over if that’s what we have to do to go someway towards rebuilding our back six but if Kyle is tracking well at the end of the year I’m just as happy to start giving him games next season and look for a short term fix to help out for the year.

Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’m getting on board with those who think Kyle is potentially the most important player we picked up off season.

I will give McKays management a blank cheque to get a decent KPD over if that’s what we have to do to go someway towards rebuilding our back six but if Kyle is tracking well at the end of the year I’m just as happy to start giving him games next season and look for a short term fix to help out for the year.
What about his games have you excited? What are you seeing there?

The write ups sound solid and he sounds like the player we need, just raw. I must say, watching his game, I thought he was really average - poor positioning and didn’t have defence down at all. But he is raw.

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What about his games have you excited? What are you seeing there?

The write ups sound solid and he sounds like the player we need, just raw. I must say, watching his game, I thought he was really average - poor positioning and didn’t have defence down at all. But he is raw.

There’s plenty to work with.
I thought his positioning was Ok he’s certainly more competitive at this level than I was expecting when drafted. All he needs to do is be competitive and have his body mature it will come.
Nobody is saying he’s lining up this season but I’m confident he will improve as his body matures.

Way too early for him. We still need 2 ready made signings in his position.

Phar Ted

All Australian
Dec 12, 2022
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I haven't seen enough of this lad as yet, what are peoples opinions of his first year as a skinny kid in the sanfl, is there something to work with?

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
I haven't seen enough of this lad as yet, what are peoples opinions of his first year as a skinny kid in the sanfl, is there something to work with?
200cm key defender who played all-majority of the year, battled blokes 10-20kgs heavier and found a way to compete. Plenty to work with!

Very raw, but several times this year, I saw there was plenty to work with.

Has to hit the gym hard over summer. As Harris Andrews has shown, you can be 200cm tall and wiry, but strong and if you are a natural footballer you can take on the gorilla KPFs.

Not saying he will be as good as Andrews but Kyle will be built more like him and not like Stephen May or Noah Balta. So he has to develop his footy smarts.

To my eyes, he is s better prospect than Tom McCullum.

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
Very raw, but several times this year, I saw there was plenty to work with.

Has to hit the gym hard over summer. As Harris Andrews has shown, you can be 200cm tall and wiry, but strong and if you are a natural footballer you can take on the gorilla KPFs.

Not saying he will be as good as Andrews but Kyle will be built more like him and not like Stephen May or Noah Balta. So he has to develop his footy smarts.

To my eyes, he is s better prospect than Tom McCullum.
Agree, the key test for Marshall will be his ability to put on kgs. His football ability looks good.

Port2Power

2023 Member
Jan 13, 2023
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As my 2023 buddy its great to see him put on a few kilos during the preseason

Recent 2023 training camp

Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 7.45.51 AM.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back