Toast Welcome pick #64 Lachlan "Dr" Sholl!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr_Moogle

Brownlow Medallist
May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Gooch is the type of player our team needs but dont know how due to stupid game plan
I feel sorry for Hamish. He drafts a player with qualities we desperately need and our lame coaches can't extract a decent footballer out of him. Just wait. Gooch will get traded to another side and turn into a very capable AFL player.

70lethal

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I feel sorry for Hamish. He drafts a player with qualities we desperately need and our lame coaches can't extract a decent footballer out of him. Just wait. Gooch will get traded to another side and turn into a very capable AFL player.
I could see him being very efficient in a Collingwood or Richmond type of game plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jackster83

Rat in a cage
Jul 31, 2007
the inside
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sin City Swamprats, Dethklok
Where is this guy at?

If he can't get a game with Milera and Atkins injured and Seed, Mackay and Gibbs not selected, then it doesn't look great for him (at our club at least). He performed pretty well in the SANFL last year and by all reports had a good preseason, so what's gone wrong?

1990crow

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 31, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Where is this guy at?

If he can't get a game with Milera and Atkins injured and Seed, Mackay and Gibbs not selected, then it doesn't look great for him (at our club at least). He performed pretty well in the SANFL last year and by all reports had a good preseason, so what's gone wrong?
He's small.

hey shorty

TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
Where the Hills have eyes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Where is this guy at?

I'd love to know. He had a decent game against the Pear in the scratch match, but since we've been to the hub he's fallen away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LC40

Club Legend
Oct 14, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sholl needs to get a game.
Kicks both feet equally well and moves the ball on quickly.
We need to try these blokes out after all it is a rebuilding year.
I would drop Kelly for Sholl, he is a momentum killer with his sideways kicks and short passes.
Hamill showed us the way the game should be played. Run and dash and move the ball on quickly to give those up field a better than even chance before the midfielders flood back.

DangerSloane

Hall of Famer
Suspended
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
Sholl 1cm Shorter and 4kg heavier than Hamill. Both need to put on weight as only 71kg and 75kg.
Hamill already looks like something we havent had in 10 years.
(i know thats kinda off-topic but im as excited about him as any of our young kids)

DangerSloane

Hall of Famer
Suspended
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
Well he kind of looks similar to how MacKay used to play. Hopefully he develops the strength to not get rag-dolled which DMac never could
Mackay is fast in a straight line, he was never an evader.
Hamill is fast in a straight line and sideways and already can evade players.

He will always be small, but fingers crossed he gains a bunch of strength in the coming years.

Golumless

I'm kind of a big deal on the east side
Jul 12, 2013
Wherever the ESH clubrooms are
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Newcastle, Rockies, Oceanics
Well he kind of looks similar to how MacKay used to play. Hopefully he develops the strength to not get rag-dolled which DMac never could
He's also got a very similar trait to Mackay in that he's not afraid to try to win his own ball and do the hard stuff. Early days, but the sky is the ceiling for Will.

Sidthehat

All Australian
Oct 7, 2017
London
AFL Club
Adelaide
Mackay is fast in a straight line, he was never an evader.
Hamill is fast in a straight line and sideways and already can evade players.

He will always be small, but fingers crossed he gains a bunch of strength in the coming years.
Reading about Hamill's dad and how hard he was, great genes for him. Glad St Kilda gonna be putting energy and resources into chasing another very talented youngster.

Top Bottom