Player Watch Lachlan Sholl

Remove this Banner Ad

Did I say he wasn't?

You think teams are going to let him run around like an unregistered dog and won't put plenty of work into him once they get to see more of him and what he's capable of with ball in hand?

Exactly! My only concern with him is that he looks likely to be rag-dolled and split in half against some teams. I do think he needs some gym.

You think teams are going to let him run around like an unregistered dog and won't put plenty of work into him once they get to see more of him and what he's capable of with ball in hand?

True - can only go into games planning to negate so many though. Pair him with Milera on the other side, and a couple early picks and might start to make for some tough decisions. Hamill looking good also.

His old man was on the lighter side, but solid enough for league footy - probably gives us a look at where he ends up. Looked a million dollars today. Lots to like.

What I love about comments around his selection post draft was how most seemed to ignore 'high football iq'. We've had a list with few of these players for a while now and it's something that should be prioritised going forward.

Although Bicks hasn't ever been a big fan of the selection, he's right in that going forward it will be harder for him to rack up high numbers as teams start to put work into him to limit his ball use.

Does need more size, but it's not the be all and end all as shown yesterday.

Those extra 4 weeks in the scratch matches this year must have improved him out of sight. Otherwise hard to understand why he waited till round 10 in a rebuilding year when kids are being prioritised. Must have just clicked there one day.
It took being flogged by North for the rebuild year to become a true rebuild year

What I love about comments around his selection post draft was how most seemed to ignore 'high football iq'. We've had a list with few of these players for a while now and it's something that should be prioritised going forward.

Although Bicks hasn't ever been a big fan of the selection, he's right in that going forward it will be harder for him to rack up high numbers as teams start to put work into him to limit his ball use.

Does need more size, but it's not the be all and end all as shown yesterday.
You're misrepresenting me there mate, all I've said is there are areas of his game that need work for him to be a more complete AFL player i.e. improved contested ball and actually defending his player, completely understandable with a player taken well into the 4th round of any draft, the 1st issue is an easy fix I think and will come when he puts on more size.

Nowhere to my knowledge have I ever said I had any problem drafting Lachie with pick 64, the general reason players that get picked that late in the draft are they have areas of their game that need work but the recruiters see enough in them to think there's a good chance these weaknesses can be ironed out in an elite AFL system. Surely you can understand that thinking.

You're misrepresenting me there mate, all I've said is there are areas of his game that need work for him to be a more complete AFL player i.e. improved contested ball and actually defending his player, completely understandable with a player taken well into the 4th round of any draft, the 1st issue is an easy fix I think and will come when he puts on more size.

Nowhere to my knowledge have I ever said I had any problem drafting Lachie with pick 64, the general reason players that get picked that late in the draft are they have areas of their game that need work but the recruiters see enough in them to think there's a good chance these weaknesses can be ironed out in an elite AFL system. Surely you can understand that thinking.
I get your point about him having deficiencies and that's why I mentioned that I agreed. Your posting history regarding Sholl has been less than complementary for the most part from day 1 to very recently. I'm not having a go, it's all pretty subjective with late picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember being very sceptical when he was drafted by us due to the lack of contested game... boy, I didn’t realise how dangerous his offensive weapons are

Still needs time in the weights room but we’ve got a very good wingman on our hands. This isn’t another Rat situation as Sholl actually consistently hits targets and run and carries

I remember being very sceptical when he was drafted by us due to the lack of contested game... boy, I didn’t realise how dangerous his offensive weapons are

Still needs time in the weights room but we’ve got a very good wingman on our hands. This isn’t another Rat situation as Sholl actually consistently hits targets and run and carries
I recall he did go very hard at the ball against Carlton which Atkins rarely did.

Sholl got 2 tackles against GWS, so he already exceeds Rats career tackle count too

Ronnie Biggs would be proud of this robbrry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back