Player Watch Lachlan Sholl

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Green had 30 and 3 tackles
Anderson 20 and 4 tackles

Seriously, IQ probably wasn't even on the podium
Anderson has been nominated I think ??

I wouldn't have thought Green had that big of a game, a lot of sideways and backwards disposals

Some salty Collingwood supporters on Twitter having a go at Tex like he’s the only one who called this crap nomination out 😡, none of us or the players (including a prominent opposition player from our rivals) is having a go at IQ, we are having a go at the AFL.

Anyone remember this Tweet from the AFL account after the game?

Some salty Collingwood supporters on Twitter having a go at Tex like he’s the only one who called this crap nomination out 😡, none of us or the players (including a prominent opposition player from our rivals) is having a go at IQ, we are having a go at the AFL.

Anyone remember this Tweet from the AFL account after the game?

Naturally Fox only name Tex...what a surprise. They don't show Boak's response either.

The solution to needing to get a couple of extra players in who have had solid seasons without being the standout player in an individual round would be to keep awarding the best player of the round.

At the end of the season during the pre-finals bye week award a couple of extra players in recognition of their consistently good seasons.

Don't rob the player of the round their nomination because there is a backlog.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the excuse is in the last quarter of the year they go for "body of work", which is stupid since they're essentially changing the rules, but had Quaynor been so head and shoulders above Sholl to get the nod?

View attachment 962347
That’s what I find most baffling about this ‘body of work’ claim, it’s not like Sholl had an out of the box game and had only come in last week. Quaynor has been ok this year but has done nothing outstanding, a bit like Sholl until this week when clearly Sholl was the standout.

AFL had obviously already decided this week's nomination before the round had started. I'm not even surprised with this unfortunately.

As others have said, they will probably give it to him next week now after a much quieter game.

AFL had obviously already decided this week's nomination before the round had started. I'm not even surprised with this unfortunately.

As others have said, they will probably give it to him next week now after a much quieter game.
After the reaction to this I reckon the AFL won’t even bother reviewing the games of any other eligible players in round 18, Sholl could probably get it with 5 touches. AFL are always reactionary to things that blow up on them like this.

Last edited:
So the excuse is in the last quarter of the year they go for "body of work", which is stupid since they're essentially changing the rules, but had Quaynor been so head and shoulders above Sholl to get the nod?

View attachment 962347
It’s rubbish, they are just looking for a way to justify something that can’t be whichever way you cut it.

After the reaction to this I reckon the AFL won’t even both reviewing the games of any other eligible players in round 18, Sholl could probably get it with 5 touches. AFL are always reactionary to things that blow up on them like this.
Reminds me more than a little of the year Judd won his second Brownlow, when Swan clearly had a better season (and possibly few others). And then low and behold, Swan with a quieter following season wins one.

How the f*ck Judd won still has me confused. It's like they were trying to fabricate a dialogue of him being a Carlton champ and wiping the slate clean of his career at WC. At least Judd handled it with a reasonable degree of humility and even looked slightly embarrassed at the time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back