Player Watch Lachlan Sholl

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
There's good and bad about this. Finally, after 30 years of this s**t, the players are speaking out.

We all Know the brown low mcleod was ribbed of, they fixed the votes. We know Erin Phillips was aa captain in the first year, but had to give it to a victorian.
We know that Studley should of been in the hall of fame years ago.

The mrp and media targeting walker...

Alousi was right when he called it a pissant Town, and finally we are seeing change

But Travis boak speaking up and not our captain? Don't know what to make of that.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Imagine they start giving out goal and mark of the year nominations in the back half of the year to second or third best because "consistency".

View attachment 962457
Clearly there are no actual rules about how the nominations are done. I suspect whoever is in charge of the nominations has a group of players they think might be the best for the year and then they nominate one each week based on who played ok that round.

Obviously Lachie Sholl isn't on the shortlist, so he won't be nominated. I kinda hope the Crows don't play him next week or he has a stinker which would put the nominators in a difficult position.

It really flushes the credibility of the award down the toilet, and I'm surprised the A(mateur)FL allow betting on this given it appears to have a pre-conceived group of people who can win it.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Here it is...what a goose. I'll try to find where he has said the same for Richmond, Collingwood, Port, Fremantle, Sydney, Geelong, Essendon and North.
1600223637664.png

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
There's good and bad about this. Finally, after 30 years of this sh*t, the players are speaking out.

We all Know the brown low mcleod was ribbed of, they fixed the votes. We know Erin Phillips was aa captain in the first year, but had to give it to a victorian.
We know that Studley should of been in the hall of fame years ago.

The mrp and media targeting walker...

Alousi was right when he called it a pissant Town, and finally we are seeing change

But Travis boak speaking up and not our captain? Don't know what to make of that.
That 2001 Brownlow match was 3 Votes - Riccuito (5 goals) 2 Votes Stevens (5 Goals) 1 Vote Perrie (5 goals) Macca should have at least got 2 votes though.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
That 2001 Brownlow match was 3 Votes - Riccuito (5 goals) 2 Votes Stevens (5 Goals) 1 Vote Perrie (5 goals) Macca should have at least got 2 votes though.

And they all got those goals, because of him. One of the most dominant games ever by a mid. He only needed half those possessions to own a game. Umpires knew how he was tallying.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
This award lacks credibility after this.

If you follow it closely it's actually been a joke for a while (possibly since it first came about, I haven't followed it that long).

I follow the rising star because there's usually a bit of low hanging fruit to be won money wise once you learn how the bookies set the odds and how the AFL pre-selects who they want to nominate (as is seen here).

Usually they are not this blatant, but it can often be pretty bad.

Big Dub

All Australian
Feb 8, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Collingwood have nominated Trey Rusco as their best first year player for the AFL Player's Association Awards. So disrespectful of Isaac Quaynor. It's disgusting to see a football club having a go at a kid after his rising star nomination. What a toxic club culture. SHAME!;)

Collingwood have nominated Trey Rusco as their best first year player for the AFL Player's Association Awards. So disrespectful of Isaac Quaynor. It's disgusting to see a football club having a go at a kid after his rising star nomination. What a toxic club culture. SHAME!;)

Probably because Quaynor is a second year player

Mileratkinsshow

Team Captain
Feb 14, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
How long does it normally take for coaches votes to be released? Seems weird the next round has started but still no votes? How many votes do you think Sholl gets against the Blues? I think anywhere between 4 and 8.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well whoda thunk it..that d1khed Barrett couldn't help himself by aligning with the body of work line in his sliding doors garbage (does he get paid for that crap he writes on AFL.com...I really hope not)

So what's Damo saying about your club? What's he saying about the AFL? Check it out.

Adelaide Crows

IF ...
Sholl shoulda been a shoo-in for the round 17 NAB Rising Star nomination after his 24-disposal, two-goal, 600m-plus gained performance against Carlton ...

THEN ...
I feel for him but at the same time get it that at this late stage of a season the judging panel opts for a body of work over a single performance. One way to do a Teddy Whitten and stick it up that panel would be for Sholl to back it up against the defending premier.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
How long does it normally take for coaches votes to be released? Seems weird the next round has started but still no votes? How many votes do you think Sholl gets against the Blues? I think anywhere between 4 and 8.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Last 2 rounds voting is held back, ridiculous really because Trav Boak would have to have have 2 B.O.G's and Lachie Neale not score a single vote for him to be beaten.

Back