Player Watch Lachlan Sholl

Thylacinus

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2008
Ubiquitous
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yo Yo test result: Lachlan Sholl 21.4 (=7th in class)

Also this is interesting:

"Those two boys, coupled with the two (selected) last night, we needed to get some running power in and we think we’ve got four really good runners,” recruiting manager Hamish Ogilvie told reporters at Marvel Stadium.

“Will, with his elite, high-level speed and Lachie Sholl’s just a real hard-grinding runner.

“The speed and the run was really important for us..."

May 4, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide

mtbkym

All Australian
Jun 5, 2016
South
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Chelsea, Canucks, Cubbies
I’ve watched since he’s been at the club and his composure and ability to kick to a team mates advantage stood out immediately, great pick up

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’ve watched since he’s been at the club and his composure and ability to kick to a team mates advantage stood out immediately, great pick up

makes you wonder why we went with Mackay a few games prior to his debut. What difference coukd 3 or 4 intensity free scratch matches have actually made in terms of his development? Especially considering Smith pegged him as his standout to come in and play following the original preseason.

mtbkym

All Australian
Jun 5, 2016
South
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Chelsea, Canucks, Cubbies
makes you wonder why we went with Mackay a few games prior to his debut. What difference coukd 3 or 4 intensity free scratch matches have actually made in terms of his development? Especially considering Smith pegged him as his standout to come in and play following the original preseason.
Yeah I was surprised he took so long even this season to debut, he seems to have what’s needed at the level, will be following his career even more closely now

This is the guys we should all be talking about!

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's certainly starting to rack up some good to very good performances. Hard to believe he's yet to even play 10 games.

Maybe, just maybe, we might have a potentially elite outside player on our hands here. It'll take some careful development though to get there if he does.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
He's certainly starting to rack up some good to very good performances. Hard to believe he's yet to even play 10 games.

Maybe, just maybe, we might have a potentially elite outside player on our hands here. It'll take some careful development though to get there if he does.
He played a great game on the weekend. Got plenty of the ball, used it well and covered a lot of km. I think he was second only to Ned for distance covered.

When he gets to 50 games, he might be a very damaging player.

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Does anyone else think he's actually better on his left than his right? Seems to hit more attacking passes on his left while his right is more of a kick it long default option (noting he did one long pass on his left that didn't work out on the weekend).

spexau

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
He played a great game on the weekend. Got plenty of the ball, used it well and covered a lot of km. I think he was second only to Ned for distance covered.

He was #1 for the round at 17.1km ran. And highest at speed to at 3.4km. Ned was 2nd in the comp for distance ran and 3rd for distance at speed.

Really liked how he smartly positioned himself as an outlet too... & his team mates knew... so was frequently used as an attacking option.

Back