Player Watch Chayce Jones - Re-Signed to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Luko becoming "Cripps like" would entail a horrible degeneration of his foot skills and a complete overhaul of his playing style.

He is just as likely to be the next Eddie Betts. Horrid comparison.

You'd think Lukosious worst case scenario would have him as a player very similar to our Tom Lynch.

Luko becoming "Cripps like" would entail a horrible degeneration of his foot skills and a complete overhaul of his playing style.

He is just as likely to be the next Eddie Betts. Horrid comparison.
Maybe not exactly Cripps.

But a tall mid.

I question his strength in a contest as a KPF. All highlights show how athletic he is. Little shown how he goes in a one on one contested marking battle.

Wont know the answer to that till he is 22+

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Clean skills, pace, defensive running, athletisism....... not sure what isn't to like about him as a player.

That's before we get to work ethic and character. 8 is probably a touch early but I would have picked him at 13 so it's no drama.
News was GWS was going to select him at pick 9, they also had Jones ahead of Caldwell.

For those that follow the draft more closely like Bicks, Jeffcrowe and Danger in Texas:

What are the key points that made Rozee a better draft prospect than Jones? Is Rozee significantly better? From what I've read they sound like similar players in terms of traits with perhaps a bit more class from Rozee. Did we miss out not spending a boat load of currency to trade up to pick 4 and get him?

The reason I ask is Jones looks really good and I'm just wondering if we got a bit overawed with Rozee being an SA player

For those that follow the draft more closely like Bicks, Jeffcrowe and Danger in Texas:

What are the key points that made Rozee a better draft prospect than Jones? Is Rozee significantly better? From what I've read they sound like similar players in terms of traits with perhaps a bit more class from Rozee. Did we miss out not spending a boat load of currency to trade up to pick 4 and get him?
I'd have taken Rozee before him only based on more refined skills and a touch more athleticism and X factor, but certainly not disappointed with Chayce think he's an excellent selection.....but no the difference is definitely not worth the cost to upgrade, nowhere near it. Personally the only player I'd have done that for was a guarantee Luko would be there..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reason I ask is Jones looks really good and I'm just wondering if we got a bit overawed with Rozee being an SA player
Rozee has a few more athletic weapons - elite speed , agility , vertical leap and will play at 186-187 ish so has more height . Jones has good athletic traits too but Rozee’s speed and vertical leap agility are top 1-2%

Jones is better endurance wise and a bit more blue collar , they’re both really good defensively but Jones is just there more often at more contests

Jones is more consistent in his ball winning , but Rozee is more noticeable . I guess if Rozee can get the consistency of Jones , win more ball and get his endurance base up he has more upside as has more weapons

Jones won’t let anyone down though and you can just bank on him week to week

Being tasmanian he’s also a very good wet weather player , he actually adjusts his game and his kick to HB ratio goes up and he tackles and handles the slippery ball really cleanly

I never really rated Rozee as top 5 material so I definitely wouldn’t have traded up for him at the expense of Jones and other assets

Rozee’s got more X factor to him - taller, more versatile, one of the quickest players in the draft. Jones is a more contested player and probably one of, if not the cleanest player in the draft. Also accumulates better, which is a thing I like in top end prospects

Rozee is the better prospect I think because his ceiling is a player who can turn a game on its head (think Robbie Gray). Jones isn’t quite there I think, but his ceiling is still a very damaging midfielder, which I am very happy with at pick 9

Interesting !

Where did you hear that ?
They supposedly tried to live trade up to the Bulldogs pick 7 to get him as Smith didn't want to leave Melbourne. If they were targeting Caldwell, we would have done the live trade with them and swap the late 1st rounders, but most had Caldwell/Jones around the same mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back