Player Watch Chayce Jones - Re-Signed to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be good to see Jones get a few games, hopefully he can achieve what Milera did in his first season who managed 8 games in his first year, nothing fantastic just a good grounding
That would be a good start, although with his fitness levels we might see more.

2017, our GF year, and just 1 season back, he finished top 5 in the best and fairest. Very close to 3rd

Hard to say he’s cooked or he’s been in decline for a couple of years
Statistically 2016 he was down and 2018.
Our B&F voting system allows role players to score vs just best players.
Played more games than the next 5 below him if finals are counted in 2017 and who was a better player for us BCrouch or Douglas and who would we miss more Smith or Douglas?

My concern is the amount of turnovers and clangers he's producing which is the biggest sign that age is catching up vs the turnovers the likes of Jones will create.

Club Champion Voting Protocol
1 vote: Played their role. Solid game without significant influence on the game
2 votes: Played his role well and influenced the game
3 votes: Played his role very well with significant influence on the game
4 votes: Played his role outstandingly and dominated the game

Remember Camporeale was voting on this

That would be a good start, although with his fitness levels we might see more.

Personally I don't see fitness as the important factor in gaining more games, Milera was playing SANFL footy the previous year against men, but more importantly to gain more than 8 games if he had played better he would have got them, but it was only his first year at the top level so as with Jones performance will determine how many games he gets along with how the side is travelling, 2016 wasn't a bad year so Milera did very well to get 8 games, 2017 was a great year so probably hindered Galluci's game time, 2018 was a s**t year so helped those 1st year players, what will this year bring?

Personally I don't see fitness as the important factor in gaining more games, Milera was playing SANFL footy the previous year against men, but more importantly to gain more than 8 games if he had played better he would have got them, but it was only his first year at the top level so as with Jones performance will determine how many games he gets along with how the side is travelling, 2016 wasn't a bad year so Milera did very well to get 8 games, 2017 was a great year so probably hindered Galluci's game time, 2018 was a s**t year so helped those 1st year players, what will this year bring?
Fitness is important, it allows you to play at a higher level.

Miles struggled with tendonitis early days which hampered how much he could do.

Just a new environment can be the biggest hurdle for some guys.
I think Milera might have been in the category of do I belong or fit in at the beginning.

I get the feeling this is a none issue with Chayce and McHenry. They seem very confident and comfortable and not hindered by certain negative thoughts which may see them develop quicker.

Plus Pyke changing the preseason atmosphere would also make it much easier.

When Sauces back went so did ROBs shoulder, then Hunter not long after.

We would have given ROB games last year if we could have, there's no question about it.

This is a bit of a myth. Sauce in an interview spoke about when his back went and it was something like a full month before ROB did his shoulder. I'm not sure whether immediate rest might have gotten it right if he hadn't tried to play through it. But fact is, he was trying to play through it whilst ROB was still playing in the 2's. Cast your mind back to 2016 after Sauce did his ankle and he returned after 2 weeks out. It was clear he was back early when ROB was doing a perfectly ok job. He may not have been as good as an uninjured Sauce, but he was certainly s**t tins better than way Sauce played after returning. We did the same with JJ and his ribs. We do this s**t constantly because we looooove ourselves some continuity and experience. But it's the wrong decision every single time. Get them right, trust the next man up to do a job until the favoured player is actually right to go. I know Himmelberg only played against Carlton, but he looked ok and could surely have had a crack earlier rather than rushing Tex back from his foot problem. It's a constant theme and it shocks me that you'd think it has magically changed over this summer.

I was being creative with my wordings, I remembered it was cold and wet. Checked the temperature forecast on that date - 10 degrees (Friday 7/7/17). Here was a pic found of Thommo in his last game.
View attachment 635250
Gee, am I being totally delusional recalling it a wet, slippery kind of game? Anyone can be ****en rude, it ain’t hard dick head!

So now it's about coldness? And you're now saying you were being creative with language, so you were writing fiction? You said;

“a rain-soaked, lake-like setting where hardly anyone was looking clean” and

"everyone slipping and sliding like a kid’s playground"

I offered up some support "you could describe conditions as a bit slippery" and despite now agreeing with me (although adding in how cool it was like that's now important), you've gotten very angry and resorted to hurtful insults despite ending up exactly where I started. Maybe be a bit less creative with your language and we can avoid such angst going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope the hurtful insults didn't hurt you too much mate ;)

I sometimes used descriptive/creative wordings and I’m being picked on as stating matter of facts by the usual crew. We are merely discussing opinions. No obvious right or wrong here.

I don't think the weather conditions are an opinion; it's the incorrect 'facts' that you use to try and support your opinion, and then refusal to admit you're wrong, that causes these back and forths.

So now it's about coldness? And you're now saying you were being creative with language, so you were writing fiction? You said;

“a rain-soaked, lake-like setting where hardly anyone was looking clean” and

"everyone slipping and sliding like a kid’s playground"

I offered up some support "you could describe conditions as a bit slippery" and despite now agreeing with me (although adding in how cool it was like that's now important), you've gotten very angry and resorted to hurtful insults despite ending up exactly where I started. Maybe be a bit less creative with your language and we can avoid such angst going forward.
Sheesh I was making a reply from memory recall with a bit of creative imagination thrown in.
There was rain, it was wet, there were slipping involved. How is it my comments were to the point of falsifying and delusional?

Ok, might be a little exaggerated...but, whoopdee doo da! Lol

Sheesh I was making a reply from memory recall with a bit of creative imagination thrown in.
There was rain, it was wet, there were slipping involved. How is it my comments were to the point of falsifying and delusional?

Ok, might be a little exaggerated...but, whoopdee doo da! Lol
So you bullshitted and then dug in, then you bullshitted about claiming to have never said we were ruthless with Thommo.

You might want to consider why you’ve been picked up if this is the quality of your posting

So you bullshitted and then dug in, then you bullshitted about claiming to have never said we were ruthless with Thommo.

You might want to consider why you’ve been picked up if this is the quality of your posting
You mentioned lack of ruthlessness and I thought there was some regarding Thommo's non-selection. These are opinions only.
Everything else we talked about were just extra fillers in the whole scheme of things.

I guess to bring it back on topic the gist was that in my views, the club is showing signs they're not afraid to blood new youngsters (Crouch, Greenwood etc) if it means at the expense of a veteran (eg. Thommo). So really, Jones/McHenry are strong chances to play if Mackay and Dougy are deemed to be in decline at Thommo's rate in 2016-2017.

Need and want to see a few more games in Jones and Dougy to make better judgment calls on who is the more potential in Finals situations.

You mentioned lack of ruthlessness and I thought there was some regarding Thommo's non-selection. These are opinions only.
Everything else we talked about were just extra fillers in the whole scheme of things.

I guess to bring it back on topic the gist was that in my views, the club is showing signs they're not afraid to blood new youngsters (Crouch, Greenwood etc) if it means at the expense of a veteran (eg. Thommo). So really, Jones/McHenry are strong chances to play if Mackay and Dougy are deemed to be in decline at Thommo's rate in 2016-2017.

Need and want to see a few more games in Jones and Dougy to make better judgment calls on who is the more potential in Finals situations.
It’s more than that, you actually then denied saying we were ruthless with Thommo, even today you’ve tried to bullshit about what you said. Now you’ve admitting to bullshitting about the conditions that night.

Here’s a tip, if you don’t know what you’re talking about you don’t need to comment let alone double down when you’re called out.

It’s more than that, you actually then denied saying we were ruthless with Thommo, even today you’ve tried to bullshit about what you said. Now you’ve admitting to bullshitting about the conditions that night.

Here’s a tip, if you don’t know what you’re talking about you don’t need to comment let alone double down when you’re called out.
My memory was at the end of the previous season at the exit interview with Pyke, Thommo was told he not going to be guaranteed selections in the firsts. Thommo chose to go around again.

He suffered an injury during preseason and was no chance to be selected in the first few rounds anyway. When he did come back he was racking up biggish numbers in the 2's. When the Bulldogs game came around and he was selected his contribution was 4 possessions (2 clangers). He looked like his role was to plod around and act like a bollard.

The 2's were pretty inexperienced that season, so having Thommo helping organise them could be seen as a benefit. Or maybe he was just taking game time away and impeding the development of 1 of the young fellas ..?

My memory was at the end of the previous season at the exit interview with Pyke, Thommo was told he not going to be guaranteed selections in the firsts. Thommo chose to go around again.

He suffered an injury during preseason and was no chance to be selected in the first few rounds anyway. When he did come back he was racking up biggish numbers in the 2's. When the Bulldogs game came around and he was selected his contribution was 4 possessions (2 clangers). He looked like his role was to plod around and act like a bollard.

The 2's were pretty inexperienced that season, so having Thommo helping organise them could be seen as a benefit. Or maybe he was just taking game time away and impeding the development of 1 of the young fellas ..?
Thommo should not have been given an option, he should have been told he wasn’t getting a contract

Your a tough man, for a stalwart of the club looking for loyalty maybe that's why we lose soo many not showing loyalty back

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
How can you complain about being competitive and yet agree with gifting seasons to players who won’t play?

And we gave the him a contract so that comment about not showing loyalty doesn’t stack up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back