Toast Welcome Robbie Young

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Cost of Robbie Young

From Norths Twitter:
We've traded the future third round pick we received from St Kilda to the Western Bulldogs, and received pick 46.

Norths Net Result
North run away with some value by trading with the Saints and Bulldogs:
Pick 61 ---> Pick 46

Saints Net Result
After 3 trades the Saints ended up with a net result of:
Pick 75 + Future 3rd rd pick (StK) ---> Pick 67 + Future 4th round pick (GC or GWS?)

Its possible the Lethalan ect. were playing some mind games with other clubs, and/or may have missed who we were after with pick 61.

what does that all mean?

Where's David King when you need him?

Na leave Kingy alone... he’s redeemed himself somewhat by saying he’d take M King at pick #1!

No idea why we traded up to get Young, We were the only club looking at him. According to Youngs press conference. He didnt even attend the state combine.

This makes our Live trading even more dumbfounding.

No idea why we traded up to get Young, We were the only club looking at him. According to Youngs press conference. He didnt even attend the state combine.

This makes our Live trading even more dumbfounding.
He may not have known it, but maybe we did. Seemed now there was a lot going on behind the scenes that is only coming out now. Interested to see we desperately tried to do a deal with Adelaide so we could get RCD. They knocked us back , but took Carlton’s. Maybe we had something else in mind with the live trading and it didn’t quite work out.

For me it's obvious. Second coming of Milney. Maybe his laser guidance isn't quite as strong as the great Tiprat, but he's got everything else, the cheek, the speed, even the crazy eyes and the slight speech impediment. Put him in the 44 with the mid length sleeves asap!
He also shares more than a passing resemblance with that infamous Cristiano Ronaldo/Niall Quinn statue!

If the club decides that he starts for Sandy in the VFL instead of playing AFL in round 1, can one of you VFL watchers keep me posted on how he does next year?

I'll probs be keeping an eye on the VFL match threads on this board as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where's David King when you need him?
He's a bit tied up at the moment :p

91j7rb.jpg

I know most of the fanfare has been directed towards King & Parker, but I've heard elsewhere that the club is pretty excited by Robbie and what he brings to the table. All I can say is that I'm looking very forward to this plan...whatever it is, coming together.

Surely with Robbie, along with Lonie, Long, Kent, Parker and Gresham ( and maybe Billings ) , the guys who make the squad are going to be under pressure to perform.
Its hard to see more than 4 of them in the 22 at the same time.

I know most of the fanfare has been directed towards King & Parker, but I've heard elsewhere that the club is pretty excited by Robbie and what he brings to the table. All I can say is that I'm looking very forward to this plan...whatever it is, coming together.
Do go on. Full dialogue please :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back