Player Watch Jordon Butts - Contract Extension to End of 2026

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I love that he can run all day. I think he has the raw talent and we have the ability to develop him. Could be a star defender. SANFL is a pretty good place to develop a CHB/FB as well. I was very keen to rookie a player to take over from Talia in a few years and I couldn’t be happier with Butts.

Wow, that escalated quickly. Crows website is now listing Butts at 198cm!

I think you'll find it's quite common for butts to grow over the Christmas break...

I'll see myself out.

Big Dub

All Australian
Feb 8, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wow, that escalated quickly. Crows website is now listing Butts at 198cm!
He was listed as 197cm pre-draft on a few sites (AFL site re combine tall defenders and his AFL Draft Central profile at least).

Crows initially robbed him of a couple of centimeters in his profile, so maybe giving him one now (or he is still growing, which wouls be nice).

Like him as a rookie prospect, think we needed another kpf on the list.

Big Dub

All Australian
Feb 8, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
He was listed as 197cm pre-draft on a few sites (AFL site re combine tall defenders and his AFL Draft Central profile at least).

Crows initially robbed him of a couple of centimeters in his profile, so maybe giving him one now (or he is still growing, which wouls be nice).

Like him as a rookie prospect, think we needed another kpf on the list.
Sorry, kpd (not kpf)

AndrewJo

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Redbacks.
Very glad I took the time to read that thread this morning. Highlight of the pre season. Bicks getting salty only made it a bigger crack up.
I just hope the people in charge of the Rookies are keeping a watchful eye on the youngsters. Are they happy in their environment? Are they homesick? Remember that these young lads may be away from their homes for the first time. Not all easily adapt to the changes in their lives. Hopefully we have a welfare person who is looking after these kids.

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I just hope the people in charge of the Rookies are keeping a watchful eye on the youngsters. Are they happy in their environment? Are they homesick? Remember that these young lads may be away from their homes for the first time. Not all easily adapt to the changes in their lives. Hopefully we have a welfare person who is looking after these kids.

Anything specifically with Butts?

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
1550101472289.png

So come on AFC be bold, a player that can take the ball at the highest point and is 198cm with a decent leap.

Tippet was bloody dangerous, this kid could be, play him against GC and see what he can do up forward. He was a handy junior up front

That's a cooked opinion considering he's a) approximately 10kg too light, and b) only played as a defender.

It would just result in a Himmelberg but even less effective scenario (who should 100% be recalled this week).

Be patient with this one, he's 2020 (really, 2021) at best case but there is a massive payoff if it does click. It'll be as a defender though.

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
So come on AFC be bold, a player that can take the ball at the highest point and is 198cm with a decent leap.

Tippet was bloody dangerous, this kid could be, play him against GC and see what he can do up forward. He was a handy junior up front
I don’t think “bold” sufficiently covers the adventure in this proposal

Fog took 7 marks that’s good for him, picking up. EH was very good. But you guys keep doing what you do at SANFL level because the AFL team needs our rookie listed first year defender...

Jul 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
The kid has played defense and offense and as a forward that has height, strength isn't always key.

FOG isn't playing well enough, whilst EH hit the score board against the redlegs, his hands have been like bricks in the seniors and can't take an overhead mark.

The club needs t think laterally, FOG into the centre style lateral.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
That's a cooked opinion considering he's a) approximately 10kg too light, and b) only played as a defender.

It would just result in a Himmelberg but even less effective scenario (who should 100% be recalled this week).

Be patient with this one, he's 2020 (really, 2021) at best case but there is a massive payoff if it does click. It'll be as a defender though.
Played quite a bit up forward for the Murray Bushrangers in the TAC Cup Comp and his home town team the Shepparton Bears in the Goulbourn Valley Football League. He's a swingman if we chose to go down that path. I'm not advocating that by the way but you are incorrect to say he has only played as a defender, I've even seen him play wing for the Bushies. Worth noting also Jordan has exceptional endurance for a tall.

Back