Player Watch Jordon Butts - Contract Extension to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked comfortable, actually he was even better than comfortable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, give a chance to settle in to AFL footy and he will be ok. Knows how to rack them up so that will come.

First things first, the guy knows how to defend the big boys.

And guess who is out of contract at the end of the year?
He will stay, people don’t realise that Laird signing on was the catalyst for all this. Almost everyone has signed on and we have belief and the culture is changing. We may lose Fish this year but Butts has shown so much more in 3 games then him.

Butts at least is getting better and has played well one on one. That’s exactly what we need with Talia ageing. Looks likeour list isn’t as shocking as everyone is predicting

Cats F50 entries almost reminded me of ours from the last two years. I think there may have been a bit of hubris on the Cats side thinking Hawkins could take a 3 gamer with no issues, so just bomb it to him as quick as you can. The Cats entries to Hawkins weren't to his advantage at all and Butts was terrific at holding position and knowing when to move off. In a game where the ball is moving so quickly it'll be easy for defenders to be caught out of position, so I think Butts did a great job in that regard as well.

I'm not saying it can't improve, but it looks iffy to start with.
Butts is and has always been a better kick than Talia. He's actually quite competent all round now he's beefed up and worked on his contested ball which was really the only area of his game he needed to work on when we drafted him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back