Player Watch Jordon Butts - Contract Extension to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Butts is and has always been a better kick than Talia. He's actually quite competent all round now he's beefed up and worked on his contested ball which was really the only area of his game he needed to work on when we drafted him.

I've no problem with his defence and foot disposal in the clear. The one thing I've noticed is that he is a bit hesitant with disposal by hand in traffic. This can be improved.

Played great against Hawkins and with a bit of smoke around fish I can't help but think Butts had some bargaining power here.

Good for him and hopefully he got paaiiiddd!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Proving to be an excellent rookie pick.

We took our eye off the ball for a while there, preferring to fill our rookie list with 25 year old state leaguers.

Butts looked bad in the 2 games last year but was outstanding against Tomahawk. Looks really agile and quick, hope he can stay with us and become a one club player

Looks like joining the Rutten/Bock list of rookie listed Crows who became KPDs at AFL level.

I guess Hartigan goes on that list too, played 100 games for us. Not sure if Keath counts.

It's still early days but Butts looks like being a quality player. Very handy pickup late in the rookie draft. Other than recycled players or re-listed rookies, he was almost the last player picked up in the 2018 draft. After him, the only "new" player to get drafted was Tom Wilkinson, who left North Melbourne the following year to become a reality TV star, haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back