Player Watch Jordon Butts - Contract Extension to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

He will stay, people don’t realise that Laird signing on was the catalyst for all this. Almost everyone has signed on and we have belief and the culture is changing. We may lose Fish this year but Butts has shown so much more in 3 games then him.

Butts at least is getting better and has played well one on one. That’s exactly what we need with Talia ageing. Looks likeour list isn’t as shocking as everyone is predicting

I don't think Laird is the catalyst to Butts staying. Butts locking down a best 22 spot will be it.

Cats F50 entries almost reminded me of ours from the last two years. I think there may have been a bit of hubris on the Cats side thinking Hawkins could take a 3 gamer with no issues, so just bomb it to him as quick as you can. The Cats entries to Hawkins weren't to his advantage at all and Butts was terrific at holding position and knowing when to move off. In a game where the ball is moving so quickly it'll be easy for defenders to be caught out of position, so I think Butts did a great job in that regard as well.

That's what happens when players delivering forward are under pressure.

Butts is and has always been a better kick than Talia. He's actually quite competent all round now he's beefed up and worked on his contested ball which was really the only area of his game he needed to work on when we drafted him.

I've no problem with his defence and foot disposal in the clear. The one thing I've noticed is that he is a bit hesitant with disposal by hand in traffic. This can be improved.

Played great against Hawkins and with a bit of smoke around fish I can't help but think Butts had some bargaining power here.

Good for him and hopefully he got paaiiiddd!

Jordan played mostly for the Murray Bushies as an over ager in 2018 before heading home to play Finals for the Shepparton FC contrary to what the story says.

Worth remembering with a late December birthday 31/12/1999 he would have been the youngest player drafted in 2017 if he had been drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Proving to be an excellent rookie pick.

We took our eye off the ball for a while there, preferring to fill our rookie list with 25 year old state leaguers.

Butts looked bad in the 2 games last year but was outstanding against Tomahawk. Looks really agile and quick, hope he can stay with us and become a one club player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back