Player Watch Jordon Butts - Contract Extension to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

And 1 with his last kick.

Very emotional day that one.

Indeed. My kids got me a Crows jersey for Father's Day and asked me what number I wanted on it. 25 was a no brainer.

I got so excited that I went and edited the Wiki page of players with goals from their first kick to add a reference to the goal in his last.

The multiple goal kickers has since been converted to a table and that reference dropped.

Happy birthday to Jordan Butts. He turns 22 today. He has been a great pick up for us. If I recall rightly, nobody kicked more than 2 goals on him in a game this past season. Not bad for pick 39 in the 20018 rookie draft.

As a club our ability to identify and development KPP talent is second to none in the AFL over the past 20 years.

Its very nice to know we *should have our bookends sorted for the next ten years with Butts and Tilthorpe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank goodness Butts has established himself so quickly losing Talia quicker than expected & moving on Keath/Hartigan... along with other younger players like McAsey not coming on as expected.

Thank goodness Butts has established himself so quickly losing Talia quicker than expected & moving on Keath/Hartigan... along with other younger players like McAsey not coming on as expected.
I rate him as our most important player right now. If he gets injured or his form drops away it is very slim pickings indeed in terms of options to replace him. Murray or McAsey is about it. Hopefully we can find one in the mid season draft now that Sloane's injury has opened up a spot.

Adelaide key defender Jordon Butts has recommitted to the Crows by signing a three-year contract extension to the end of 2026.

He played his role last night even if not fully 100% fit. Good, honest performer who is not slow and has quite reasonable skills. Our only truly very tall defender. Bargain considering where he was taken in the rookie draft! Win, win all round.

Nice. We need to tie up the Vic backline players ASAP. Next Dude and another extension for Murraym
Murray is signed until the end of 2025.

Worrell is the other one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back