Player Watch Jordon Butts - Contract Extension to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

You dont recall so well - neither do i these days, but luckily we have these internets here to help......

Was exceptional 2007 -2010. Elite - and i dont use that term as lightly as many here. Regular 20-30 touch CHB are not so common.

What i remember most though was just how bad he was before he came good. There was a final (Eagles?) where he was terrible. I remember thinking "this guy will never be an AFL player". Then he was - and he was bloody good for a while, started with a game shutting down Riewoldt at his peak. Have always considered myself a decent judge of talent and my take away from that was talls can come good later. Cant think of many mids that turned it around to the same degree, but loathe to write talls off early now.

You’d be in the minority on this board...

Right in front of me...Eddie on his knees gave a handball to Truck who slotted the goal from an angle from about 35 out. I remember hoping it was his last kick
He had one more touch down back but can't recall if kick or hb.
And 1 with his last kick.

Very emotional day that one.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Having an outstanding year, and was a late rookie pick. We re-rookied Paul Hunter before we took this guy!

Looking the equal of many key position defenders taken in in the first and second rounds of the main draft. There is a MASSIVE lesson here: do not waste prime resources on key position defenders because there are plenty available in later rounds

Having an outstanding year, and was a late rookie pick. We re-rookied Paul Hunter before we took this guy!

Looking the equal of many key position defenders taken in in the first and second rounds of the main draft. There is a MASSIVE lesson here: do not waste prime resources on key position defenders because there are plenty available in later rounds
Also another good example of KPD learning their trade in the SANFL. Learning to dominate forwards.

Talia, Doedee (ok not a KPD, but a key overhead defender) and Butts have all done this.

McAsey going through it. Expect him to do well in 2022 in the AFL.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

And 1 with his last kick.

Very emotional day that one.

Indeed. My kids got me a Crows jersey for Father's Day and asked me what number I wanted on it. 25 was a no brainer.

I got so excited that I went and edited the Wiki page of players with goals from their first kick to add a reference to the goal in his last.

The multiple goal kickers has since been converted to a table and that reference dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy birthday to Jordan Butts. He turns 22 today. He has been a great pick up for us. If I recall rightly, nobody kicked more than 2 goals on him in a game this past season. Not bad for pick 39 in the 20018 rookie draft.

As a club our ability to identify and development KPP talent is second to none in the AFL over the past 20 years.

Its very nice to know we *should have our bookends sorted for the next ten years with Butts and Tilthorpe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back