Welcome Rookie Draft Pick #21 - Ben Crocker

Think we should have delisted Wilson if we were planning on picking up multiple mature aged rookies.

We seem to have gone away from the strategy that got us Laird, Rutten, Henderson, Kelly, etc in recent times.

I didn't say "I know better than Hamish, what a moron, this guy sucks"

I said that in my opinion I don't rate this player based on what I've seen. Or am I not allowed to share my opinion on an internet forum?
I reckon it's sad that in a "Welcome so and so" thread, the poor bugger gets slammed by those that think they know better than the recruiter. You just can't help yourself.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Think we should have delisted Wilson if we were planning on picking up multiple mature aged rookies.

We seem to have gone away from the strategy that got us Laird, Rutten, Henderson, Kelly, etc in recent times.
Don't forget ROB and Cameron

Fingers crossed Butts turns out a good one, proving that we can still get good young talent from the rookie draft

Jul 17, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
You never have 43 guys on a list capable of playing AFL, that's why lists are so big.

The guy is 22 years old, not like he's a 29yo delisted player from an average club.
In a rebuild, with clearly a low talent pool in the draft, we needed to trade up more aggressively when it became clear we were getting speculative so early.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
In a rebuild, with clearly a low talent pool in the draft, we needed to trade up more aggressively when it became clear we were getting speculative so early.
We have 4 picks inside 30 next year, plus FS and NGA prospects.

Keays will contribute I reckon.

People will just find any reason to complain I guess.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Keays could provide something extra IMO.

Crocker is a SANFL pick, but we do need depth.
Disagree .... I think the opposite

Keays will be a wasted pick (too slow for AFL midfield) .....Crocker I've always liked ...a KPP in a 188cm body, with good set of hands & pace

Will be interesting in his role with us ....would have been picked up as a DFA

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Disagree .... I think the opposite

Keays will be a wasted pick (too slow for AFL midfield) .....Crocker I've always liked ...a KPP in a 188cm body, with good set of hands & pace

Will be interesting in his role with us ....would have been picked up as a DFA

I think we're crying out for a DeGoey type: this guy might serve that purpose. (and, we're short of tatts)

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Not at all.

While I didn't get my fave players, I was more than happy with our draft up to Schoenberg but then it's been substandard imo.
Worrall ??

The other 2 main draftees are speculative as always but O'Connor intrigues me, Gollant no one knows anything about but Hamish knows best. I don't have an issue with our 2 rookie picks like some do, we have an extremely young list now and we need depth who are capable senior footballers.

Again, they're only 22..... they're capable of improvement.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg

Yes, we've gone away from the strategy of drafting players we think can contribute.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

Different strategy for diff times .....it's obvious with all the youth on our list, that if we have injuries ...we are stuffed

Hence having some 4 year players as rookies, makes sense

In 2 years time, the Rookie strategy will change back to youth, as the influx of list youth, matures

Add Charlie Cameron to that. Really disappointing.

We instead made those picks in the national draft with O'Connor and Gollant

The year we took Charlie for example we only took two selections at the ND (Matt Crouch and Riley Knight). This year it was five. Not much difference between taking a pick 40+ in the ND and a young rookie prospect

Jul 17, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Worrall ??

The other 2 main draftees are speculative as always but O'Connor intrigues me, Gollant no one knows anything about but Hamish knows best. I don't have an issue with our 2 rookie picks like some do, we have an extremely young list now and we need depth who are capable senior footballers.

Again, they're only 22..... they're capable of improvement.
Apologies, forget the order, yes after Worrell.

Back