Welcome Rookie Draft Pick #7 - Ben Keays

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BlackGun1

All Australian
Oct 13, 2007
Qld
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I watched a shedload of the Lions NEAFL this season and this bloke absolutely killed it playing more as a forward than a mid. Smart pick with his size and versatility. Will play more AFL in 2020 than some may think.
48 goals in 19 games. Worked very hard on his right foot too. At the very worst he’ll help elevate the play of your (sorry, our ;) ) young blokes in the twos

Mr_Moogle

Brownlow Medallist
May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I'm liking that we've drafted versatility. Quite a few of our picks could be played in the forward line. Looks like we'll have plenty of options if Himmelberg, Frampton, Murphy, Stengle, Knight etc, don't play well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WaynesWorld19

TheBrownDog
Nov 6, 2003
Baghdad
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide, Baghdad Bombers
I watched a shedload of the Lions NEAFL this season and this bloke absolutely killed it playing more as a forward than a mid. Smart pick with his size and versatility. Will play more AFL in 2020 than some may think.
It's the NEAFL remember .....that said IIRC we put a bid on Keays at the 2015 National Draft

Mutineer

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide

PLAYER BIO
Ben Keays was developed through the Lions Academy and has demonstrated a capacity to push forward into the forward line and kick goals. He won the Andrew Ireland Medal for best-on-ground in the 2017 NEAFL Grand Final victory against Sydney, and back it up with the Neville Fallon Award for the NEAFL best-and-fairest last year. In 2019, Keays will be looking to cement a regular spot in the AFL side.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
out small forward list certainly has question marks over it so more options there dont hurt.

Murphy, Stengle, McAdam, Knight, etc give us options but none you can bank on.
Keays could be the Lincoln McCarthy of this year

Top Bottom