Player Watch Ben Keays - Signs on til 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched a shedload of the Lions NEAFL this season and this bloke absolutely killed it playing more as a forward than a mid. Smart pick with his size and versatility. Will play more AFL in 2020 than some may think.

48 goals in 19 games. Worked very hard on his right foot too. At the very worst he’ll help elevate the play of your (sorry, our ;) ) young blokes in the twos

I'm liking that we've drafted versatility. Quite a few of our picks could be played in the forward line. Looks like we'll have plenty of options if Himmelberg, Frampton, Murphy, Stengle, Knight etc, don't play well.

I watched a shedload of the Lions NEAFL this season and this bloke absolutely killed it playing more as a forward than a mid. Smart pick with his size and versatility. Will play more AFL in 2020 than some may think.
It's the NEAFL remember .....that said IIRC we put a bid on Keays at the 2015 National Draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

out small forward list certainly has question marks over it so more options there dont hurt.

Murphy, Stengle, McAdam, Knight, etc give us options but none you can bank on.
Keays could be the Lincoln McCarthy of this year

out small forward list certainly has question marks over it so more options there dont hurt.

Murphy, Stengle, McAdam, Knight, etc give us options but none you can bank on.
Keays could be the Lincoln McCarthy of this year

New coach gives everyone a new chance. Plus Murphy has already signaled he wants to up his game and kick more goals in Betts absence, now Keays adds more pressure to that spot

Think that’s a good thing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back