Player Watch Ben Keays

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I am a Murphy fan, but from what I have seen of Keays Murph could play a bit of SANFL this year.

Quite like this pick.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yeah Murphy’s done ok but we need the option of an upgrade, either Keays or Stengel or an improved Murphy, so this could work

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I watched a shedload of the Lions NEAFL this season and this bloke absolutely killed it playing more as a forward than a mid. Smart pick with his size and versatility. Will play more AFL in 2020 than some may think.

when JPKennedy went from Hawthorn to Sydney as an unwanted, unwarranted bust he had played 13 games total

no one is saying Keays will end up like that but some talent identification is key the better the pick, the more work is needed

boffo

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don’t hate the picks. But kinda feels like we’re Just replacing Ellis yolman and greenwood with cheaper players

Well, yes, that's probably true. They are also younger.

Seems we learnt from the Gibbs and Betts contracts and didn't want to be stuck with players over 30 on expensive contracts.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
185cm, does Keays play some form of a medium forward role? Can win the ball, can kick goals, is a good runner... sounds like he could have promise
I don't think we've taken on Ben Keays to play a forward role personally, my thinking is he'll be playing a lot more midfield than forward. I would be guessing but I reckon Brisbane only tried him up forward because they didn't see him breaking into their midfield any time soon with all the highly promising young mids they've brought in the last couple of drafts. Even in the NEAFL Ely Smith, Corey Lyons and Tom Berry etc were getting a run in the midfield before Keays all to do with development I'd think.

Watching Keays in the NEAFL he doesn't play the forward role like Eddie or Charlie Cameron etc even though he looked to play pretty close to goal mostly from what I saw. I think he plays midfield for us, the other bloke Crocker is the one that I think would be playing a lot of footy high half forward, might even have looked at him maybe replacing Tommy's role up forward down the track?

Dc9798

Club Legend
Dec 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus FC
Genuinely happy with this selection. Always felt Keays belongs at AFL level and, along with Crocker, isn’t costing us much to see if he will.
Also very un-Crows like to be selecting a couple of delisted AFL players in the rookie draft, like the change up this year given the AFL experience that’s left the club in the off-season and that they are both still young.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
Someone needs to get their sarcasm detector fixed.

People that are sarcastic on the internet are *n morons.

You cant convey the sarcasm and there ARE people stupid enough to believe what they're saying.

So if your plan is to be sarcastic on the internet, the people not picking it up arent the idiots.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I found it very interesting the Hamish thought his best game was on the wing.

I’m starting to get a feeling that our wings this year might finally be Atkins and DMAC Free.

McHenry, Kaeys, Sloane can all play there and expose teams with gut running, then use Seedsman and Smith as the deep penetrating kicks.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
People that are sarcastic on the internet are fu**n morons.

You cant convey the sarcasm and there ARE people stupid enough to believe what they're saying.

So if your plan is to be sarcastic on the internet, the people not picking it up arent the idiots.
Good post

DynaBass

Team Captain
Aug 24, 2009
Northcote
AFL Club
Adelaide

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
YES ... a big firm NO to little snowflakes

The only snowflakes here are the guys whining about "lefties" completely unbidden ;)

This will be a good pick, I always liked this guy, thought he should have gotten more of a chance

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt

Both italics and emoticons can be used to convey sarcasm. It's not sarcasm's fault people don't understand how to use internet lingo.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Both italics and emoticons can be used to convey sarcasm. It's not sarcasm's fault people don't understand how to use internet lingo.

I also like the "BoTh ItAlIcS aNd EmOtIcOnS" etc but it's too hard to read sometimes

Back