Player Watch Ben Keays - Signs on til 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

His disposal, overhead marking and clearance work is not at Lyon's level, but he offers more speed and defensive pressure.

He's playing a defensive mid role that Lyons never played for us, so I'm not really sure he is the 'replacement'....also, he has played every game for us too which Lyons couldn't do
Lyons would be one of the first picked in our side now

Lyons has been in the system 5 years longer.
His disposal efficiency is better than Lyons, Lyons disposal is severely overrated on this board and IMO his overhead marking is at least on par or superior....and I'll give you a tip he's just as good or better when played forward.....Lyons has him for effectiveness at the coalface at this point in time but I have a strong feeling like Lyons he's going to grab his 2nd opportunity with both hands....It will be very interesting to compare their careers when they finish up.

You might want to look at the TOG stat and cast your mind back to certain coloured vests.

Been watching Keays closely, I think this nails it. Work ethic on field too, or workrate rather. Covers the ground very well and his disposal efficiency is pretty good too, especially when considering he's been winning a fair bit of contested ball lately. Played only 4 games at Brisbane in the last 2 years and likely would have broken out last year had he been given a look. Bargain pick up for you, smart bit of recruiting.
Well, now we know it was an accident then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tals is an absolute pro. So much love for that man.
I'd love him to hang around the club in a development role, but understand why he may not want that

Elaborate
It's nothing, im more thinking along the lines of him wanting to start his coaching career at a different club to the one he played at. The smart ones do.

It's nothing, im more thinking along the lines of him wanting to start his coaching career at a different club to the one he played at. The smart ones do.
Ok yeah. But that had in my mind an ominous tone ha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back