Player Watch Ben Keays - Signs on til 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

See guys, you can find some gems in delisted players.

Didn't rate his output at the start of the season, thought he and Crocker were hacks and poor recruits

But he doesn't give up and has improved immensely and has proved me wrong

Looks a fantastic pick up and 100% professional. Good to rub off on those younger than him. Work hard and earn everything you get given to you

Didn't rate his output at the start of the season, thought he and Crocker were hacks and poor recruits

Looks a fantastic pick up and 100% professional. Good to rub off on those younger than him. Work hard and earn everything you get given to you
It's why you can't judge on 1 or 2 games.

Yep, but i was also judging him on what he had done at Brissy, which wasn't a lot

This season was by far his best and also shows that some players just need more time, but don't get that luxury due to the cut throat nature of the business
He'd played some decent footy in patches for th Lions but had no consistency.

He'd played some decent footy in patches for th Lions but had no consistency.
He was in half forward wasteland then plugged in for different roles when required. No continuity would frustrate the best.

Has been a different player since the Brisbane game.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Only thing that needs to fine tune is his kicking ... his running game , combative nature , will , effort , pressure , tackling all elite .

Big win for the club and due to his strengths is very likely to continue in improvement and round out his game .

All the best for 2021 Mr.Keays

Only thing that needs to fine tune is his kicking ... his running game , combative nature , will , effort , pressure , tackling all elite .

Big win for the club and due to his strengths is very likely to continue in improvement and round out his game .

His kicking did improve somewhat, but his technique is a very mechanical one and it'll be hard to make perfect.

His kicking did improve somewhat, but his technique is a very mechanical one and it'll be hard to make perfect.
Yeah , a little ... he is definitely not your wheel and go with any penetration kind of player which is fine as the rest of his game makes up for what is lacking .

The most important thing we can do is continue to fill out our squad with some excellent to elite users of the ball .

Big Wraps for the kid .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s his decision making that needs improving, has a habit of hand balling to a player under pressure rather than moving the ball forward

It’s his decision making that needs improving, has a habit of hand balling to a player under pressure rather than moving the ball forward
That could also do with some help but that has been an issue with our team for a while due to lack of spacing and slow ball movement to stagnant players .

The last 3-4 weeks there was sharp improvement in those areas and if that is how Nicks would like us to play then i am on board .

Feels like we starting to touch on desired game style , it is going to take awhile .

Yeah , a little ... he is definitely not your wheel and go with any penetration kind of player which is fine as the rest of his game makes up for what is lacking .

The most important thing we can do is continue to fill out our squad with some excellent to elite users of the ball .

Big Wraps for the kid .
He kicks around corners better than some. His efforts to be involved in link play through the middle without touching the ball but body work cut regulars out like Seed for instance.

There was one moment in the North game where Keays was battling for a loose ball with 3 opponents and Atkins stood by and watched them all go past him.

Pretty much sums up both players.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Atkins. Definition of downhill skier.

Apologies for the intrusion. Wanted to add my congratulations for Ben's year. Worked with him (and the rest of the Lions academy) years ago as part of a development course I did. Looked like an absolute gun (making me look pretty silly in the process) and I've been disappointed watching on for years that he had little to no opportunity at the Lions.

Happy to see him get picked up and get some real opportunities with you guys. Made watching your games rather conflicting to be honest, but I wish him all the best with you.

I had a big night on them once and it looked like id threw up a fruitcup.

Nasty

Firstly congratulations to him, for the year this guy has been able to have. I strongly believe he is the only person I know of that has had a positive 2020.

How good has his last month been. Securing his future for the next two years with several hundred thousands of dollars guaranteed. And then gets a free trip home, to see his family and friends, and also some of the best seats in the house at the AFL Grand Final. Living his best life.

Pity about the haircut....

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back