Van_Dyke

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 7, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, Glory, Warriors, NOLA,
100% bad idea. Floating back from the ruck as a spare, sure. Actually manning a forward? 🤮

Remember when Ross played Tabs at CHB? What a day. I assume we lost by 10 goals.
yeah agreed, him matching up on an actual forward would be vomit inducing.

nah from memory Tabs' only appearance at CHB was the 2nd derby in 2014 which was thankfully a win

Van_Dyke

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 7, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, Glory, Warriors, NOLA,
So we used to take the **** out of them when we were good too?

I knew it happened but couldn't remember the game.
from memory we had our classic run on injured backman and they had a tall forward line (Kennedy, Darling, Lycett and I think McGovern) which meant he got shoved back through lack of other fit bodies. my main memory of that game was Sutcliffe doing a damn good job on Darling despite being undersized

stax on the mull

Premiership Player
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
from memory we had our classic run on injured backman and they had a tall forward line (Kennedy, Darling, Lycett and I think McGovern) which meant he got shoved back through lack of other fit bodies. my main memory of that game was Sutcliffe doing a damn good job on Darling despite being undersized
Game was on free to air TV over one of the recent summers. Was shocked to see how depleted our defence was with Dawson and Taberner in the key defensive posts. One the commentators said there was a late withdrawal...maybe Silvagni or McPharlin - but none of Silvagni, McPharlin or Johnson played.

Was a game where we were in front by 4 goals at 3/4 time and the Eagles came back and took the lead halfway through the last quarter and then we slammed on 3 goals straight after. They kicked one on or after the siren to make the end result seem like it was a real nailbiter.

FreoRicci

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
yeah agreed, him matching up on an actual forward would be vomit inducing.

nah from memory Tabs' only appearance at CHB was the 2nd derby in 2014 which was thankfully a win
Funnily enough Tabs recorded 7 marks and 5 rebounds. He was out of his depth but can’t blame him for trying.
Lobb can do better. But no Treacy means we ll probably go Darcy/Meek with Lobb full time ruck... hopefully

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
At the moment, his 2020 form and this season so far, he’s becoming more and more of a B grade player. He has the potential, but he needs to have the heart and desire to be that.
100%.

doesn't have the mentality to succeed at AFL level.

if he went back to the WAFL he would dominate because he is obviously a freak physical specimen

Remove this Banner Ad