theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I completely agree with you on 5 or 6 weeks to see if something works, then some change of things. Also agree on basic forward strategies. Everybody group at the hot spot and hope for the best is a bit too basic though.

I think we are like minded.
Yep. Begin with a heavy dose of Keep It Simple Stoopid, until there is some synergy developing.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Chris thinks he is a better prospect than Carter IIRC. A 50+ pick.
They are playing opposite ends of the ground though, so it isn't particularly important, especially as Cat Bs. Both play roles we have a need in.

With Lobb (and Hogan) in, a player like Medhat is really important. Can still mark the thing but isn't a liability if they don't.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
I did read that but that's relative to Carter. I'm more interested in comparing to other forward/mids
They are playing opposite ends of the ground though, so it isn't particularly important, especially as Cat Bs. Both play roles we have a need in.

With Lobb (and Hogan) in, a player like Medhat is really important. Can still mark the thing but isn't a liability if they don't.
Yes I get all that but the point is in general he thinks Medhat is more draftable than Carter. He also thinks he is a later selection which should tell you how he compares to other forward/mids like Taylor, Sturt etc.

It was not meant to be a specific comparison between two players, just a guide. I am sure Chris can give you some more detail when he reads your request.

Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West End Redbacks, Cleveland Browns
I really need to watch more footage on Medhat. I'm no draft expert and won't pretend to be but it'll be interesting what Chris25 thinks of him

I do like Medhat, he offers something a bit different with his size and versatility. Has looked an alright ball winner when played in the middle, and has decent hands up forward. For being raw and having potential, I feel he could be worth a late round bid - especially given we probably won't be able to match.

But in terms of how he compares to other similar players, I wouldn't be overlooking people earlier in the draft with the view to take Medhat instead. Players like Bailey Scott, Luke Foley and Ben Jarvis aren't likely to be super early picks but are well ahead of him. If we end up with him, it'll likely be as a rookie given our lack of list spots. So as a freebie, I'd be pretty happy with him.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Umm, has some explained to him that he won't have Coniglio, Ward, Shiel, Kelly, Whitfield, Green, etc. winning and delivering him the ball anymore.

You might find this interesting. He played mostly deep forward early in round 15 v the Hawks. To fresh to ruck from a broken bone in his back.

He can catch and kill his own ball at ground level surprisingly well for his size.

I suggest the first QTR highlights.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...MQxa8BCCwwAw&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
You might find this interesting. He played mostly deep forward early in round 15 v the Hawks. To fresh to ruck from a broken bone in his back.

He can catch and kill his own ball at ground level surprisingly well for his size.

I suggest the first QTR highlights.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=#&ved=0ahUKEwiJnaKhs7XeAhXEF3IKHR-ZA3MQxa8BCCwwAw&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov

Oh yeah, I know he can play. I was just making a weak joke based on the quality of our fwd entries at least in recent times.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
I got that. He might actually take a bit of pressure off your young guys giving them a get out option under pressure though. To a contest that's very winnable. That was his biggest contribution to us.

It's a matter for you guys how he get used now of course.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
I completely agree with you on 5 or 6 weeks to see if something works, then some change of things. Also agree on basic forward strategies. Everybody group at the hot spot and hope for the best is a bit too basic though.

I think we are like minded.
I reckon Freo will hit the JLT like it's finals. To see how it all works

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
get-carter-1971-movie-poster.jpg

215px-Get_carter_imp.jpg

Back