Toast Welcome Rory Lobb

Remove this Banner Ad

you know how they say some players "play tall"

Lobb has invented a new type of player "playing short".
That’s the perfect description. He has his weird chip on his shoulder about being tall. But he plays like he’s a small forward struggling.
He could be like McKay or Oscar Allen. He doesn’t and so easily pushed off the ball. Today he had the chance to run amok on the wing, some big grabs. Was a pedestrian. Is he 100% fit with his knee? We can’t keep players in the 22 that are just playing on reputation and name only

you know how they say some players "play tall"

Lobb has invented a new type of player "playing short".
The literally only positive Lobb has brought this season is getting rid of his stutter step. So now instead of laughing at how s**t he is we just feel depressed about how s**t he is.

He’s a ruck, against Vardy and Nicnat all game. He did well. Lobb should be dominating without Barrass or McGovern.
He kicked two and then the ball never went down there. I don't personally think Darcy did well in the ruck. His follow up was appauling. Something Meek does very well.

He kicked two and then the ball never went down there. I don't personally think Darcy did well in the ruck. His follow up was appauling. Something Meek does very well.
Then be a link up option, go up the ground. You noticed that Tabs isn’t taking marks because Lobb hangs around? Starting to think Rory is a dumb footballer who just uses his height as an excuse to clunk marks

Then be a link up option, go up the ground. You noticed that Tabs isn’t taking marks because Lobb hangs around? Starting to think Rory is a dumb footballer who just uses his height as an excuse to clunk marks
Tabs was taking heaps of marks when the ball was going down there properly and before they put Allen on him and started kicking it on his head. Doubt it had anything to do with Lobb. I suspect not having the third tall had a kick on effect right through our forwatdline, especially for Shultz. Freddie hasn't been the same since Adelaide. I hope it's just fatigue. Crowden is inconsistent. We seem to live and die by winning the clearances because we are a poor defensive running side, and we got smashed there after half time. WC had loose men outside the contest, everywhere. Our tackles were pointless. .Our back line was inadequate in very difficult circumstances. Lobb seemed to be the least of our problems though hardly blameless.

Last edited:
Well Deathly was right he was better than Hogan for us. Too bad that was a complete non-achievement and Lobb is the second worst trade of the last 10 years.

I still think his role is important I just wish he'd go hard. Dude, you are massive, hurts some ****s!

He's just not a presense up forward and is getting beat by people smaller than him. Can't imagine how much more embarassed he could have been if Eagles had their first backline in and he was better matched for height and "strength" (Something he needs to be told to start throwing around for once in his life). Club won't drop him, so he needs to be put back on the wing to half contests and take marks, then rest forward. Useless if he's rotting in the forward line before going into the ruck for 0 impact. Kind of like your buddy who I said awhile ago needs to be splitting time and going into the middle more. No idea why Crowden wasn't being tried on the ball, 0 shuffling by the coaches elsewhere on the ground unless it was to help the backline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm done with this bloke and I'm counting down the days until he's out of contract.

Embodied the attitude of the team.

I don't care how limited Meek is, I genuinely feel awful that he lost his place in the side to this player.
We really can’t afford anything else but going to the draft.
Our salary cap is tight, which is strange for a team that hasn’t played finals for 6 years?

He's just not a presense up forward and is getting beat by people smaller than him. Can't imagine how much more embarassed he could have been if Eagles had their first backline in and he was better matched for height and "strength" (Something he needs to be told to start throwing around for once in his life). Club won't drop him, so he needs to be put back on the wing to half contests and take marks, then rest forward. Useless if he's rotting in the forward line before going into the ruck for 0 impact. Kind of like your buddy who I said awhile ago needs to be splitting time and going into the middle more. No idea why Crowden wasn't being tried on the ball, 0 shuffling by the coaches elsewhere on the ground unless it was to help the backline.
Put him in the backline. Burn him. He needs to play on any of Brisbane talls and be accountable.
Fool Jlo to think he could drop Treacy and be comfortable with Lobb and Tabs. Never again. Play Meek/Darcy with Tabs/Treacy and Lobb can go down back.

We really can’t afford anything else but going to the draft.
Our salary cap is tight, which is strange for a team that hasn’t played finals for 6 years?

Not strange for a team with a bunch of decent young kids from Victoria though. They get targeted by Melbourne clubs and drive their price up.

Put him in the backline. Burn him. He needs to play on any of Brisbane talls and be accountable.
Fool Jlo to think he could drop Treacy and be comfortable with Lobb and Tabs. Never again. Play Meek/Darcy with Tabs/Treacy and Lobb can go down back.
Well if Dustin Fletcher could play down back for the Bombers, it could work?
It appears that they are doing things differently with Cox too?
Brander is another forward not
Playing there.
Jlo will have to work it out that conservative footy is very predictable, easy to counter.
A Lobb, Treacy, Meek on Kennedy, all 3 would be interesting.

I don't think so.

Didn't he have problems with bullies as a teenager? He seems timid and that wouldn't be a surprise given that experience.
Why? He continuously has spoken about that. On the field there’s no excuse. You’re timid then it’ll show on the field and players feed off that.
Well if Dustin Fletcher could play down back for the Bombers, it could work?
It appears that they are doing things differently with Cox too?
Brander is another forward not
Playing there.
Jlo will have to work it out that conservative footy is very predictable, easy to counter.
A Lobb, Treacy, Meek on Kennedy, all 3 would be interesting.
Lobb can take a few marks as the spare man. He ll he’s forced to man up and be tougher.
Treacy has been more profitable for the forward structure even without kicking goals. He leads well and takes a player away from Tabs. Lobb takes his man to the top of the square and doesn’t block or help out Tabs. It’s frustrating

I wasn't making an excuse for it, simply responding to the idea he is a mercenary, which I don't think he is.
At the moment, his 2020 form and this season so far, he’s becoming more and more of a B grade player. He has the potential, but he needs to have the heart and desire to be that.

At the moment, his 2020 form and this season so far, he’s becoming more and more of a B grade player. He has the potential, but he needs to have the heart and desire to be that.
I would argue he has only briefly been better than B grade at the Giants in 2016.

Floating between C and B since with the odd A game (R1 last year).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back