Sam Skinner

"PORT ADELAIDE has signed free agent Sam Skinner for the 2022 season.

Skinner played three AFL games for Brisbane during four injury-interrupted seasons before being delisted by the Lions at the end of 2020.

He spent the 2021 season playing with South Adelaide in the SANFL, booting 16 goals in 21 games."

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sam Skinner... got to be honest I did not see that one coming.

Lefti93

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, AEK FC
smart pick up, welcome to the club. plenty of key defenders have made it after being delisted and given second chances. hopefully his knees can stay healthy and he can make his way into our team, as well as trent has done the last two years we still require an athletic big man to go with the big boys of the comp.

gbear

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 27, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Well I guess he is taller than most of our defenders if not all (because I really can‘t be fussed actually looking it up!). Time will tell if he can add value.

I never saw that coming, clearly the people in charge at Port understand the rules better than I do! But that's a good thing. :D

That out of the way, Skinner looks a good get, played some impressive games for South this year and gives us that big powerful mobile defender we need.

We needed 1 of Sam Skinner or Leek Alleer at the club to fill the gap left by Goldsack and Lienert.

So we've got Aliir, Jonas, McKenzie, Clurey, Skinner and Pasini which is probably good enough in that area.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Looks like a Dougal Howard type player.

Chrizzt

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Played some great footy for South with a playing style that can definitely transfer to AFL level. Good pick up.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
He has tom hawkins features

Back